Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Rd 10 vs North Melbourne @ Marvel - Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    We do seem very one dimensional....is Don Pyke not influencing our game plans anymore? I also agree with those who say Horse seems to not often have a Plan B but I would have thought Pyke could have had more influence in this area, as it seemed to be his arrival that changed the way we played two years ago.
    I’m of the belief that this “single dimension” aspect of our play is a reflection of how unstable the team has been. They’ve never been able to get used to the players around them in a structural sense. Especially in an inexperienced squad, this causes players to revert to very conservative tactics. In the second half of last year we had very few changes in the squad right up until the GF.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    To be fair to McAndrew, it was his first game against a very experienced ruckman in Goldstein, compounded with the loss of Ladhams. I thought that it was a good game by him.
    Not blaming McAndrew at all. The midfield set up is the problem and it's been happening week after week. It seemed to get worse this game.

Only aspect that irratates me atm is the defensive minded midfield at stoppages.

Defense is severely undermanned, Forwards are undermanned and some appear to be played injured.
    Cant help either of those scenarios.

Mids of late have lost a few which is hurting but not as much as the setup.
    We had 4 guys get more than 2 clearances and one of them was McAndrew, they had heaps and at higher numbers.

Lets not pretend their midfield grunt is exceptional.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    We do seem very one dimensional....is Don Pyke not influencing our game plans anymore? I also agree with those who say Horse seems to not often have a Plan B but I would have thought Pyke could have had more influence in this area, as it seemed to be his arrival that changed the way we played two years ago.
    I've been thinking the same thing. Horse has re-imposed his negative game plan. Bloody nuts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing. Horse has re-imposed his negative game plan. Bloody nuts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    You mean the one where we play on at all costs and go for the hero kick into the corridor like we did for most of the game that I was at on Saturday?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324