Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 10 - Pre Match Thread - vs North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, Saturday 20 May, 1:454 PM

Senior Player

Rnd 10 - Pre Match Thread - vs North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, Saturday 20 May, 1:454 PM

Harley Reid Cup!

Longmire in the post 9 game interview has said both Mills and McDonald are highly unlikely to play (but we will know more as it gets closer to final team selection).

Sheather had 73% time on ground for 5 possessions. I know he needs more games/experience and we got smashed at the centre bounce, but it was still very low output and impact. Gould was not great, but we don't have other options other than Melican so I suppose he stays.

Hoping Ladhams is well enough to play.

Outs: Mills, McDonald
    Ins: Sheldrick, Ladhams
    Sub: Stephens

Veteran Site Admin
    Sheather played as a small defender in the VFL last year. They could think about moving him back and starting Campbell further up the ground.

If Ladhams isn't right and McDonald is out, I think McAndrew might have to play. That will at least free up McLean from second ruck duties. Neither he nor Hickey is likely to provide much of a threat resting up forward but we're running out of options.

Personally I'd bring in Stephens before Sheldrick (and maybe experiment with him at a few centre bounces) but I have no idea if the coaches will see it that way. I suspect they share doubts on Sheldrick's stamina at the moment to play a full game in the midfield. He could come in as a small forward (mostly) if Sheather is moved back and Campbell up.

Veterans List
    So now onto Norf in the early game next Saturday.

Last year Norf had been dreadful, everyone had been getting big percentage boosts against them. But they came up to the SCG and gave us an awful scare, from memory we were lucky to get out of it.

This year Norf have been dreadful providing a percentage boost to their opponents and it's us heading down to Marvel with a looong injury list. Fingers crossed Norf continue to be a rabble, maybe Buddy can find some form under the roof against them, four goals would be nice.

Stephens must come in. Sheldrick and Ladhams (if fit too). Melican is a sneaky chance.

In: Stephens, Sheldrick, Ladhams
    Out: McDonald, Mills, Clarke

Melican for Francis too if he is ready.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Stephens must come in. Sheldrick and Ladhams (if fit too). Melican is a sneaky chance.

In: Stephens, Sheldrick, Ladhams
    Out: McDonald, Mills, Clarke

Melican for Francis too if he is ready.
    Agreed with the ins and outs, with McAndrew to come in if Ladhams isn't fit.

I agree with liz's suggestion re Sheather moving back. Perhaps Stephens could play forward; he's a good kick for goal on run and set shot.

I thought Francis went alright yesterday; he's got some promise playing the Paddy McCartin intercept role. 10 intercept possessions, 8 marks (two contested). He should stay in.

Regular in the Side
    should have played mcandrew this week with hickey who was/is short of match play and freos ruck combination.

On the Rookie List
    Assuming Ladhams is still injured, I'd like to see McAndrew get a game. He impressed me in the twos when I watched them a few weeks back and Hickey could do with some help. Stephens should come in too.

Sheldrick need to play sooner rather than later, and Gould should play out the season. We won't know if either of them will make it if they are playing reserves week in, week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    Assuming Ladhams is still injured, I'd like to see McAndrew get a game. He impressed me in the twos when I watched them a few weeks back and Hickey could do with some help. Stephens should come in too.

Sheldrick need to play sooner rather than later, and Gould should play out the season. We won't know if either of them will make it if they are playing reserves week in, week out.
    Agree with your post, but a bit harsh on Sheldrick.

Senior Player
    My thoughts are that Sheldrick and Melican need to be given a go. Particularly Melican as he is a Key Defender and we need that.

Also, he has been at the club a long time - he either makes it or leaves. I think P.McCartin won't play again so we need to try someone.

McAndrew a chance merely to see if he lifts his game - if he could mark he would be in the side now.

Logan 8 weeks
    Mills 4-6 weeks
    When it rains it pours

Senior Player
    FFS.

Mills out for 6 weeks, Logan for 8. Seriously.

Battered and bruised Swans add another two to injury list - Callum Mills Logan McDonald added to Sydney Swans injury list

Senior Player
    Can Will Gould play forward? Francis seems a better defender than forward, as an interceptor and given his dodgy set shot.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast