Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 11 Pre-Match Thread, vs Carlton at SCG, 7:50 PM Friday 26 May

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Carlton have half back flankers who get plenty of the ball - Saad, Docherty, Newman. Wicks is brought in alongside Clarke to negate their influence. Would mean a reshuffle though - could see Heeney play more wing this week

Senior Player
    Like Wicks 2021 version a lot.

Don’t like how he gets aggro and gives away 1-2 needless free kicks a game for retaliation or prohibited contact etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Like Wicks 2021 version a lot.

Don’t like how he gets aggro and gives away 1-2 needless free kicks a game for retaliation or prohibited contact etc.
    Agree with both comments. Would be nice if Wicks has reflected and mellowed during his rehab time ….

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Agree with both comments. Would be nice if Wicks has reflected and mellowed during his rehab time ….
    In his first VFL match back, he looked like he was still taking the angry pills, so perhaps not.

Senior Player
    Stephens has become passive again in games. That's one thing you can't say about Wicks. However we don't want Cranky Sam.

- - - Updated - - -

Stephens might still be the sub

Veterans List
    I wondered why the bookies suddenly wound in Carlton from $1.94 to $1.75 as the ins/outs didn't look anything dramatic, then I noticed Stevic is umpiring, plenty of soft frees for Carlton now!

Ditto; like the feisty character, hate the poor discipline displayed at times.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the game is likely to be a sellout. I wanted to go to the game with my daughter and son and their 2 partners. Coming up from the Gong. Ticketex seem to be playing games with allocations. Trying to get 5 tickets together. Can't seem to at the moment. Sometimes I get 2 allocated. Others 4 are available and next time it's back to 2. Any hidden tricks to the magic art would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Hickey and Melican make sense, as Ladhams is injured and Gould is awful. (Plus I noticed his TOG is low, which suggests he is still unfit after four years in the system).

I like Wicks at his best, so all good. Hopefully Wicks can recapture the 2021 form, particularly the first half of the year when he was very important to our structure, speed and defensive pressure in the forward half.

My curiosity is keeping Clarke in, who I think they’ve used in a similar in role. It worked last year when the rest of the team was in synch, less so this year. Plus he’s such a slow decision maker with ball in hand.
    To be fair to Gould he did come back early from a injury to play when he, was needed. He probably was not completely ready.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I wondered why the bookies suddenly wound in Carlton from $1.94 to $1.75 as the ins/outs didn't look anything dramatic, then I noticed Stevic is umpiring, plenty of soft frees for Carlton now!
    Stevic and Gavine. Two VICTORIAN umpires as I they give Victorian teams plenty

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    Does anyone know if the game is likely to be a sellout. I wanted to go to the game with my daughter and son and their 2 partners. Coming up from the Gong. Ticketex seem to be playing games with allocations. Trying to get 5 tickets together. Can't seem to at the moment. Sometimes I get 2 allocated. Others 4 are available and next time it's back to 2. Any hidden tricks to the magic art would be appreciated.
    I very much doubt the game will be sold out. But I am not surprised by the difficulties Ticketek is throwing at you. I have long held the impression that Ticketek aim to effectively sell out some sections of the ground before offering up vacant seats elsewhere. That is, what is offered to you online does not include all potentially available vacant seats.

I don’t know how you get around that though. Sometimes waiting till close to the match time gets you a better booking, but unfortunately it is a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Ditto; like the feisty character, hate the poor discipline displayed at times.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    I very much doubt the game will be sold out. But I am not surprised by the difficulties Ticketek is throwing at you. I have long held the impression that Ticketek aim to effectively sell out some sections of the ground before offering up vacant seats elsewhere. That is, what is offered to you online does not include all potentially available vacant seats.

I don’t know how you get around that though. Sometimes waiting till close to the match time gets you a better booking, but unfortunately it is a gamble.
    Thank you so much Meg. I think I'm going to take that advice and wait till closer to game time or even just show up at the gate. Can't see it being sold out.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast