Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 11: the other games. Interest level has been maintained.

Great roving goal from Humphrey, but if Lukosius was a Bulldog, he would have got two different frees.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Me either. Did it again a minute or two later to get another on the wing. There is another word for it though - cheating.
    He's possibly worse than Ginnivan.

Poor old fairypuppies. Not even their contracted yellow guernsey stars could get 'em home tonight.

What a wild round - I think I'm on either zero or 1 for tipping. But weekend couldn't have gone more perfectly for the Swans so far in terms of results.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Gee some blokes get unlucky. Imagine David Swallow drafted to a great club on the rise. He’d be a champ of the game
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

There should be an investigation into that GC game. Umpiring was one sided

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Well done Suns!! You beat the Poodles AND their keepers!!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Meanwhile, in Perth Essendon get the job done by 50 points over the Eagles.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Potential for upsets tomorrow as well. Sorry Norf, not you!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    If the Giants get over Geelong my tips this weekend are in the toilet. Only one so far is the Swannies match.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    You are probably one of the top leaders for the round as most of us picked Carlton and then the favourites for the next four games.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Great roving goal from Humphrey, but if Lukosius was a Bulldog, he would have got two different frees.

- - - Updated - - -

He's possibly worse than Ginnivan.
    Ginnivan seems to have cleaned up his act this season, so Weightman definitely goes to number 1 on the diving podium.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Ginnivan seems to have cleaned up his act this season, so Weightman definitely goes to number 1 on the diving podium.

Yes, I saw Ginnivan earlier in the season and he seemed to be making an effort not to stage, but since then, I have seen a couple of incidents. Maybe he's been staging for so long, that in some situations it's the way he instinctively reacts and he has to consciously restrain himself from staging? Weightman however seems to have no such qualms.

Although they tend to have different techniques. Ginnivan is more likely to throw his head back, when there's been little or no contact to the head. While the Weightman method often involves throwing himself on the ground, in order to con the umpires into believing that there was some sort of illegal contact in a marking contest.

Yes, I saw Ginnivan earlier in the season and he seemed to be making an effort not to stage, but since then, I have seen a couple of incidents. Maybe he's been staging for so long, that in some situations it's the way he instinctively reacts and he has to consciously restrain himself from staging? Weightman however seems to have no such qualms.

Although they tend to have different techniques. Ginnivan is more likely to throw his head back, when there's been little or no contact to the head. While the Weightman method often involves throwing himself on the ground, in order to con the umpires into believing that there was some sort of illegal contact in a marking contest.
    Good observations. McRae has probably tried to get Ginnivan to cut out the ducking, but yes, old habits die hard. Weightman is all about the forward pike and head fling.
    That umpiring performance in the Suns-Dogs match was atrocious, “not up to AFL standard”, as the League would so blithely dismiss it. Tipped the Dogs, barracked full on for the Suns. They’ve got a beauty in Humphrey.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne

In soccer, this is called "simulation" and can result in suspensions.

Simulation should be made a reportable offence with mandatory suspensions: 1 week if a free kick was paid, 2 weeks if it led to a goal, up to 12 weeks if it changed the outcome of a match. Attaching suspensions is necessary so the offence disqualifies the offender from receiving best and fairest awards. Cheating isn't fair.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast