Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Luke Parker suspension

Senior Player
    Back in the early 90s, there was talk of changing colours to NSW blue. Would have lost just about every Victorian based fan I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    This is funny....but the fact is, no matter the colour, the Swans will always be from Sydney.
    I'd like to think our South Melbourne roots will never be forgotten. Perhaps the A/VFL needs a reminder every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Cerra has been cleared. Just as I thought the tribunal was doing a great job of stamping these tackles out, they go and introduce some fog.

Sure, Hickey's arms weren't pinned but the nature of the tackle meant he couldn't use them to protect his landing. And there was undoubtedly a slinging motion. Having the arms pinned is only one of the criteria previously applied in determining whether a tackle is dangerous or not.
    I would be surprised if it wasn't the tribunal and it wasn't the AFL.

The consistency that seemed to be building (even if arguably overzealous) just burnt completely.

VFL boys strike again.

Sent from my CPH2307 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Back in the early 90s, there was talk of changing colours to NSW blue. Would have lost just about every Victorian based fan I reckon.
    Yes when they moved to Sydney my dad said if they changed their colours he would stop supporting them. He bled Red and White.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I'd like to think our South Melbourne roots will never be forgotten. Perhaps the A/VFL needs a reminder every now and then.
    They only see us in our current form....the enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely, the Red and White must stay.

Regular in the Side
    i too and my famaly woudl have deserted them 2 if colours changed.born 1945 and have supported them since i can remember and going to the footy with my parents

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You could be right. Red and White attracts attention. We should change our jumper colours and get a fairer go from the authorities. I've written a new theme song for the occasion.

Cheer, cheer the blue and the black
    Now that we look like the Dogs and the Cats
    Swans will be flying high in the sky
    Out of the view of the umpire’s eye

Throwing the ball and never be found
    Smashing their heads into the ground
    We can do whatever we want
    We own the tribunal
    Absolute Gold! ROFL
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    i too and my famaly woudl have deserted them 2 if colours changed.born 1945 and have supported them since i can remember and going to the footy with my parents
    Bloods nickname came from the colours and from the term, Bloodstained Angels. Sacrosanct.

Bloods nickname came from the colours and from the term, Bloodstained Angels. Sacrosanct.
    Have Red and White blood flowing since forever! Nothing comes close to our Bloodstained Angels……

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I think it's time for my semi annual Red and White origins rant - if you've heard it before, feel free to skip this post

The Bloods nickname came from the colours, the colours came from Albert Park.
    Which means every red and white jersey with 1874 printed on, simultaneously celebrates and denies this teams origins.
    Probably the most economical example of Doublethink I know of.

OK I've got it out of my system, normal service will be resumed - until next year when I fear some marketing poo-for-brains decides to copy the Sait's and celebrate a sesquicentenary. at which point . . . .
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Just watched the highlights of our great win against Carlton again.

While I acknowledge that Parker's tackle probably warrants a week off, I cannot for the life of me see how his tackle is worse than Cerra's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Just watched the highlights of our great win against Carlton again.

While I acknowledge that Parker's tackle probably warrants a week off, I cannot for the life of me see how his tackle is worse than Cerra's.
    Ditto. At the time I was astonished, and not a little p%$#@ed off Hickey didn’t get a free. It was a clear slinging motion.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast