Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 12: the other games. They're all other games.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I went to the Dogs/Cats game last night. I can't see the Dogs challenging this year. The game changed when the Bont went off and Geelong kicked 2 goals to take the lead. He was on track for BOG when he got what looked like a "corkie". Geelong will again challenge for the flag if they get their midfield back. On the Bont; he gets away with murder. He is given an eternity to dispose of the footy, a luxury not bestowed on anyone else on the ground. By the way the Dogs "throwing" has hit epidemic proportions. Also couldn't believe the number of very obvious frees not paid on a night, with an umpire in close proximity, so the umps didn't cover themselves in glory.
    I was at the game too and I noticed that the Bulldogs were called for throws and HTB more than other weeks. It was the non controlling umpire that seemed to pay the frees. Although as you mentioned, there were still a number of obvious missed frees.

It was funny seeing the reaction of the Bulldogs supporters when the frees were paid. Especially one whose head was about to explode when a throw was paid right in front of us. It was the most obvious throw you would ever see.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Bulldog supporters just aren't used to having free kicks paid against them. The umpires did everything they could to get the Poodles over the line against the Suns last week.

In today's game wow Norths have picked up a gem in Wardlaw. He's classy , he gets involved everywhere, he just wants to win and he has that spatial awareness and slows everything around him with shimmies and dummies and great ball use just has so much time to make all the right choices
    I was watching him defensively too and he was everywhere covering cleverly.

Veterans List
    Norf have accumulated a shed load of high draft pick players, another top three coming this draft as well, might leapfrog up the ladder

So pleased the Suns fought back from 6 goals down to beat the Cows, the latter nearly unbeatable at Adelaide Oval but pathetic away. Tom Doedee who put off contract talks has (ouch) has done an ACL, that'll cost him!

The North v. Essendon game was an absolute cracker. Just loved it, and as a non-aligned observer, it was rollicking entertainment. North were stiff to lose two important midfielders for a large part of the game, but the Dons’ win did keep my tips intact.
    North will snag a few more wins this year, they’re no longer easy-beats. Wardlaw is an absolute beauty.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    The North v. Essendon game was an absolute cracker. Just loved it, and as a non-aligned observer, it was rollicking entertainment. North were stiff to lose two important midfielders for a large part of the game, but the Dons’ win did keep my tips intact.
    Thought you meant the RWO tipping competition but looks like you have given up a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Thought you meant the RWO tipping competition but looks like you have given up a few weeks ago.
    Unfortunately I was in an area with no internet connection for a few days, and even when I got some couldn’t connect to RWO, so had to give it up.
    Was able to continue with the workplace comp, though.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123