Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 13 Pre Match Thread - vs St Kilda at the SCG, Thursday 8 June, 7:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Membrey isn’t in their team but even if he was I wouldn’t see a problem with Rampe Fox and Melican matching up on them

Bringing Rampe in without omitting a defender means someone who played in the back 7 last week has to shift.
    Well I think Ollie to the mids lol

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Leave Francis down back and release Ollie or Blakey

Ramps being our third tall is a dream come true
    Except that by omitting McAndrew, we are effectively reducing the talls available in the forward line for the period McLean has to relive McLean in the ruck. I expect that, at times, Francis will be moved forward but maybe not for the whole game.

We do seem to now have more defenders than we need. I doubt Blakey will shift, given he's been so effective down there in recent weeks. But Campbell has already been spending time up on the wing, and we might see him play more - or all - of the game further up the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Except that by omitting McAndrew, we are effectively reducing the talls available in the forward line for the period McLean has to relive McLean in the ruck. I expect that, at times, Francis will be moved forward but maybe not for the whole game.

We do seem to now have more defenders than we need. I doubt Blakey will shift, given he's been so effective down there in recent weeks. But Campbell has already been spending time up on the wing, and we might see him play more - or all - of the game further up the ground.
    Yes Campbell will playwing changing in the mids most likely. Gus will probably play forward for most of the game. I do not like him forward. He just does not have that awareness needed to play there.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Yes Campbell will playwing changing in the mids most likely. Gus will probably play forward for most of the game. I do not like him forward. He just does not have that awareness needed to play there.

I suspect he's been brought in with a view to giving him a game playing substantially on-ball. It's something of a risk from the coaching team, given he's barely been trusted with centre-bounce attendances in the cameos he's played. But with Parker out (and Mills back soon, we hope), it might be the best chance he'll get this season to show if he can replicate his VFL clearance work.

With Wicks and Clarke in the side, I very much doubt he's been brought in as a small forward.

I suspect he's been brought in with a view to giving him a game playing substantially on-ball. It's something of a risk from the coaching team, given he's barely been trusted with centre-bounce attendances in the cameos he's played. But with Parker out (and Mills back soon, we hope), it might be the best chance he'll get this season to show if he can replicate his VFL clearance work.

With Wicks and Clarke in the side, I very much doubt he's been brought in as a small forward.
    I am hoping not because he sucks as a small forward. He is a natural mid in the Mitchell vein, not as talented but same type.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Except I think Campbell has spent very little time in defence lately. The back 7 against Carlton was Melican Fox Francis Blakey Lloyd Cunningham and Florent. Of the smalls Florent looks most likely to shift but I don’t think they will do that

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Except I think Campbell has spent very little time in defence lately. The back 7 against Carlton was Melican Fox Francis Blakey Lloyd Cunningham and Florent. Of the smalls Florent looks most likely to shift but I don’t think they will do that
    I watched a few of Ollie's games in the mids. Wow he was great at grab and go from a hit out

With Amartey named as an emergency, is there a strong possibility that he'll be a late in and play up forward?

Rain is predicted tomorrow evening in Sydney, team selection likely with that in mind. With a bit of luck, St Kilda might be a bit too tall and slow given the probable weather.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Ross has stated at a few press conferences that the Saints are now are a high pressure force the turnover team

He has said that well over 2/3 of their goals need to come from turnovers given the way they play and any less would not be taking advantage of their method

I think we won’t see any different and that means the faster and harder we are the better against the Saints

I don’t think we will go too tall

I really look forward to BJ and Oli getting more time on the wings

Sheldrick has a real opportunity also given no Parker and no Mills……. but u have to guess given Heeneys roles last couple of games he will be doing some more work in the midfield we will see him in the thick of the clearances for parts of the game

Regular in the Side
    dont know who will stand king

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Leave Francis down back and release Ollie or Blakey

Ramps being our third tall is a dream come true
    Absolutely!

Rampe back frees up Blakey.

Francis should never play forward again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast