Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Rd 13 vs St Kilda @ SCG - Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Rowbottom’s game against the Saints was his best performance ever according to Champion Data including PBs of 17 contested possessions, 9 clearances.
    Was a very pleasing performance by Rowy. We need to be seeing those sorts of numbers more often however (though I still think we are not playing him in his ideal position either).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Was a very pleasing performance by Rowy. We need to be seeing those sorts of numbers more often however (though I still think we are not playing him in his ideal position either).
    Where would you play him mcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    He was more in the guts last week which helped. He just seems ineffective as a player when he plays that more defensive orientated tackle at all costs role he seems to have been doing a lot this year.

Yes his disposal isn't always crash hot, but his best junior footy and best footy for us has seen him be a bit more attacking and positive - more active than reactive.

I get why they've been playing him where they have, but just not convinced it gets the most out of his talent.

Sent from my CPH2307 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    He was more in the guts last week which helped. He just seems ineffective as a player when he plays that more defensive orientated tackle at all costs role, that he seems to have been doing a lot this year.

Yes his disposal isn't always crash hot, but his best junior footy and best footy for us has seen him be a bit more attacking and positive - more active than reactive.

I get why they've been playing him where they have, but just not convinced it gets the most out of his talent.

But it's just one part of our midfield puzzle too of course.

Sent from my CPH2307 using Tapatalk

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536