Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 14 the other games. Geelong: sleeping giant or dying giant.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Giants tore Freo a new one. I know it’s heresy, but I love watching Toby Greene play footy. Except against us.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    We went to the game. Freo were barely there, just got further and further behind. Maybe they were jet-lagged. Some of
    their field kick was just atrocious. Josh Kelly, Coniglio and Tom Green are a formidable trio to have to deal with when
    they are on, which they all were. Toby didn't seem to get a lot of the ball but still managed to kick four goals.
    Their ruckman Briggs was really good.

GWS found another forward in Callum Brown. Monster boot.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Freo looked a shadow of the team that beat the Swans a few weeks back - a few missing I guess? I don't know their players that well. No Darcy seemed to make a big difference. Big win for the Giants.
    Here's hoping they play like that when we play them again five weeks from now.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

I often find the booing of ex-players quite cretinous. The booing of Levi Casboult by some Carlton fans today is a good example. Built quite a good career at Carlton after being taken late in a rookie draft. Somewhat controversially delisted by Carlton, he's now rebuilding his career after being taken as a rookie by the Suns. Yet somehow he's the bad guy? Hope he kicks a bag.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    We went to the game. Freo were barely there, just got further and further behind. Maybe they were jet-lagged. Some of
    their field kick was just atrocious. Josh Kelly, Coniglio and Tom Green are a formidable trio to have to deal with when
    they are on, which they all were. Toby didn't seem to get a lot of the ball but still managed to kick four goals.
    Their ruckman Briggs was really good.
    A funny aside to that game. Melbourne media at it again. On SEN, yes the premier football radio station in Australia, announced on their 11.30am news bulletin that "John Longmire" took full responsibility for not preparing his team correctly in their defeat at the hands of GWS.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I often find the booing of ex-players quite cretinous. The booing of Levi Casboult by some Carlton fans today is a good example. Built quite a good career at Carlton after being taken late in a rookie draft. Somewhat controversially delisted by Carlton, he's now rebuilding his career after being taken as a rookie by the Suns. Yet somehow he's the bad guy? Hope he kicks a bag.
    Not a bag (two) but kicked an absolute ripper late in the game!

- - - Updated - - -

North are giving the F-Pups a run.....14 pts up at quarter time.....now 9 pts up after 'punchable face' Weightman just kicked one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    A funny aside to that game. Melbourne media at it again. On SEN, yes the premier football radio station in Australia, announced on their 11.30am news bulletin that "John Longmire" took full responsibility for not preparing his team correctly in their defeat at the hands of GWS.
    Satirising themselves.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Just watched a stunning exhibition of rugby throwing by the Dogs. Does Treloar ever handpass legitimately? They throw it forwards, they throw it backwards and over their heads and are even adept at tunnel ball. The little man Daniel is an absolute gun at it. Can't wait to watch the masterclass in the 2nd half.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    It's really confusing for them when two interstate coaches have the same initials. The AFL should step in and demand that
    either Longmire or Longmuir have to change their name.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I know, poor Levi had the temerity to want to continue his footy career after being cut by Carlton. I suspect some of
    the boo-ers don't even know why they are doing it, except the person beside them is doing it. And as we know
    that's always a great reason to do something.
    That goal Casboult slotted from behind the point post while everyone else was bickering at a ball up was goal of
    the year so far if you ask me.

North aren’t going to win, but they’re giving the Dogs a tough afternoon. They’ll probably snag an upset to two before season’s end.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I know, poor Levi had the temerity to want to continue his footy career after being cut by Carlton. I suspect some of
    the boo-ers don't even know why they are doing it, except the person beside them is doing it. And as we know
    that's always a great reason to do something.
    That goal Casboult slotted from behind the point post while everyone else was bickering at a ball up was goal of
    the year so far if you ask me.
    If the club moved the player on, booing of that player is unjustified on that criterion.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast