Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Rd 14 vs Brisbane Lions @ Gabba - Match Thread

Wick is not that bad

But his good is not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I see the Swans have accepted the 2 match ban on Sam Wicks.

I would have appealed to see if we could get it up to 3.
    A gesture that could have some future value, when attempting to get somebody else's suspension reduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Wick is not that bad

But his good is not good enough
    Auntie, he is THAT bad! Our VFL team is at the bottom of the ladder full of inexperienced players. The least player in that team would do no worse than Wicks, that’s how good or bad he is. If he is ever picked again I will make an appointment with a therapist for Horse and co as they need to be assessed for both concussion and hallucinations!😊

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Harry was injured for a large of last year, then couldn’t get back in to a team that was flying.
    He’s a part of the leadership group. The club appreciates him, and it seems they have played him elsewhere to try and provide a bit experience in areas where we’ve been lacking this season. Of course, that’s only the observations of a supporter. Like all the other observations on this site.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
    Some observations are clearly beyond reproach

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I've traditionally been a bit more supportive of Wicks than some others on here, mainly because he was a good part of what we did in 2021, felt he had room for improvement, and we otherwise lack a defensively minded small forward partner for Paps.

But I just can't anymore. What he did on the weekend was beyond stupid. He came close to the edge and gave away some critical and stupid frees several times last year when he was given a game. To do what he did on the weekend, when he did - when we were still in the game - was just madness.

I don't like ragging too hard on our players, but boy oh boy - if the guy gets delisted at the end of the year because he couldn't get back into the side, he will have self-sabotaged his career.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Wow! Not sure how this ire has been provoked. But anyway, this forum has become full of irascible nonsense lately. Time to give it away, I think. See ya.
    Not sure? Let me clarify.
    You made a silly pronoucement about what the club thought internally. I called you out on that. Clearly you don't like being questioned (I smell a high ranking lawyer or a medico). But then you resorted to sophistry, twisting the discussion into all sorts of strange directions rather than acknowledging you mis-spoke. I should not have responded as I did, referring to East German judges - silly hyperbole. I apologise for that.

If you have decided to depart RWO like this, so be it. In tone it sounds a bit flouncy, but to each their own. I think it's a pity because plenty of RWOers rate your contributions. FWIW I don't believe I'd ever questioned any of your posts previously. I value, and occasionally disagree with both the Pollyanna and the Eyeore points of view.

However, just in case I am headed down the Footyhead/TheBloods path, I shall take a break from posting. After 20 years I don't want to pick up an infraction from the mods, and I sincerely don't wish to contribute to the departure of any other RWOers.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Some post. Break sounds like a good idea.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Some post. Break sounds like a good idea.
    RnR also one of the good 'uns IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    RnR also one of the good 'uns IMO.
    Cmon guys- lighten up a little! We may just win a game this week and then we’ll all feel better😊

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I see the Swans have accepted the 2 match ban on Sam Wicks.

I would have appealed to see if we could get it up to 3.
    Ha. I laughed. (Just so you know someone is listening)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Ha. I laughed. (Just so you know someone is listening)
    +1

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324