Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 15 - vs West Coast Eagles at SCG, 4:35 PM, Saturday 24 June 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    McLean is too slow and unathletic to play back. Would be slaughtered on the lead. Only time he could play there would be on a resting ruckmen. Rarely happens these days.
    Agree. Far too slow to play as a defender which is a shame as he is probably our 4th in line IMO out of our tall forwards (I'm really hopeful about Buller).

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ah, I was interstate last weekend and still have to watch the Brisbane game, I need to pay more attention.

There's still posters on here saying it's just a training run against WC, beware thinking like that, they have some significant ins this week.
    Indeed ... West Coast's injury list didn't get posted until the afternoon. it is wise not to treat them as witches' hats.

Nevertheless, four or so players coming back into the Eagles' side are not all going to be at their peak match fitness. I expect them to fade late.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Indeed ... West Coast's injury list didn't get posted until the afternoon. it is wise not to treat them as witches' hats.

Nevertheless, four or so players coming back into the Eagles' side are not all going to be at their peak match fitness. I expect them to fade late.
    With you on that Thunder- we can’t take anyone lightly. We should have a few of our own back and they too may run out of puff towards the end. Just hope we play well and win!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    With you on that Thunder- we can’t take anyone lightly. We should have a few of our own back and they too may run out of puff towards the end. Just hope we play well and win!
    To be honest I have a few concerns about this game, they have nothing to lose and we are playing badly enough for them to actually win

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post

Even in our indifferent form, we should be belting them by 100 points really. When they don't turn up interstate, they really don't - they love a good walloping on the road.

I expect it'll be closer than some people predict, but they are very, very poor this year. The few coming back will help, but as you say they won't have the match fitness.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

#DangerGame

Senior Player
    Franklin likely to be rested. McCartin May play.

Swans managing Buddy’s last hurrah

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Franklin likely to be rested. McCartin May play.

Swans managing Buddy’s last hurrah
    Yay to both!

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    We have some players returning from injury as well. Buddy a watch but Swans stars a chance to return
    Heeney will return. Tom McCartin, Callum Mills and Logan McDonald a chance. Franklin likely to miss again.

SEN has tipped us to win by 89 points while mentioning that West Coast's last two away games were beltings by 122 points (Adelaide) and 116 points (Hawthorn).
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

There is no danger in this game. We could field 3 or 4 RWO'ers and still win. If volunteer to play forward pocket, but am having my hair done that day.

Every game is a danger game to me, especially after #AlmostNorthGate. We are quite capable of losing to anyone on our day.

I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Glad Buddies out. Hope Buller stays and kicks a few and that the Wombat spends quality time in the middle.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Every game is a danger game to me, especially after #AlmostNorthGate. We are quite capable of losing to anyone on our day.

I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Glad Buddies out. Hope Buller stays and kicks a few and that the Wombat spends quality time in the middle.
    Wombat = Sheldrick?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast