Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: the other games. The winter solstice round.

Let’s hope Wicks wasn’t watching Gaz?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The Dees just aren’t the same side without Oliver. Their form line has been average since he’s been out. Reinforces why, in my opinion at least, he’s the best player in the game because he does the most important thing in footy, which is win the ball at the contest and use it well, better than anyone and by a fair margin.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

People are half joking that Garry Rohan could be suspended for that hit on Cameron, if they played for different sides.

Im of the opinion that Garry Rohan should be suspended anyway. It either a dangerous football act or it isnt. I think it is, and suspension is the only way he'll avoid doing it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    People are half joking that Garry Rohan could be suspended for that hit on Cameron, if they played for different sides.

Im of the opinion that Garry Rohan should be suspended anyway. It either a dangerous football act or it isnt. I think it is, and suspension is the only way he'll avoid doing it in the future.
    I wonder if Cameron knows yet that it was Rohan that got him?

"So, what happened, Gaz?"
    Dunno, Jez. I think you just fell awkwardly going for a speccy?"

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Although, I was only half joking with my comment on Rohan being suspended. In that, if it was an opponent being knocked out, there's every likelihood that he would have been suspended, no matter how unintended the hit was, because the AFL often seems to go on result, rather than intent.
    Rohan's collision with Cameron was discussed on ABC Radio (Melbourne) this morning. The discussion stated that the rules specifically state that a rough conduct charge has to involve an opponent. They contrasted it with striking, where a strike only has to be to another player - so players can be suspended for striking their teammates.

I hope Cameron is OK, and just needs the mandatory 12-game break for a concussion.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post

I hope Cameron is OK, and just needs the mandatory 12-game break for a concussion.
    It's a twelve game break now? That would mean he could play in the GF were Geelong to make it the long way (ie by playing three finals matches to get there).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's a twelve game break now? That would mean he could play in the GF were Geelong to make it the long way (ie by playing three finals matches to get there).
    No, I messed that up ... it's a twelve day break.

Though it's easy to get confused when Tom Mc has been out for about 12 games.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    St.Kilda and Brisbane staking their claim for the most boring game of the season.

What is it about Marvel Stadium that produces dull games? Every now and then you get an absolute clinker of a match but they're often lacklustre affairs that are extremely frustrating to watch when you consider the game is played in dry conditions with no wind. Is it the teams that play there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    St.Kilda and Brisbane staking their claim for the most boring game of the season.

What is it about Marvel Stadium that produces dull games? Every now and then you get an absolute clinker of a match but they're often lacklustre affairs that are extremely frustrating to watch when you consider the game is played in dry conditions with no wind. Is it the teams that play there?
    It's probably the dullness of the teams that play home games there.

Fun fact: Sydney has a better winning percentage (60%) at the ground than all of these teams.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    It's probably the dullness of the teams that play home games there.

Fun fact: Sydney has a better winning percentage (60%) at the ground than all of these teams.
    Even with the Dogs umpiring assistance. Someone on BF put up a table of 2023 goals from frees, no prizes for guessing Fairypups topped the table!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

They’ll bring that in next year. It’s very hard to square the circle and make the head sacrosanct in a full contact sport like AFL

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post

Maybe it had something to do with Kath from Fox Footy saying the game was being played under "The Lid". Parts of the game reminded me of the infamous draw between us and the Saints at the end of our Eade era. That is still the worst game of footy I have seen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast