Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 16 - vs Geelong at SCG, 7:50 PM, Friday 30 June 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Warner out with calf problem
    That’s a big loss for us- he was coming back to close to best form. Makes sense to give Tom Mac another week in the Two’s so Francis stays. Robbie needed to come back in and I suppose Wilbur was never going to lose his spot. Just hope he brings his good game tomorrow as we’ll need everyone to contribute.

On paper it looks a pretty good team- missing only 2 from our best 22. (Not including Buddy, who is struggling at the moment to stay fit)

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Fox is back in to the starting 22. I'm not surprised by this. His run as sub last week was a way of giving him a rest.

Chad Warner out with a calf injury is a significant loss to the side. I hope his calf injury isn't too bad. 2 weeks?

Hayward is back in as expected. I hope the gastro is gone, otherwise he may be making unscheduled urgent dashes to the bench.

Clarke omitted is also expected. He was omitted last week and only played due to Hayward's illness.

Who will be the sub? We're down one midfielder, so the sub is likely to be another midfielder. Clarke? Stephens (27 disposals in the VFL last week)? Someone else?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Fox is back in to the starting 22. I'm not surprised by this. His run as sub last week was a way of giving him a rest.

Chad Warner out with a calf injury is a significant loss to the side. I hope his calf injury isn't too bad. 2 weeks?

Hayward is back in as expected. I hope the gastro is gone, otherwise he may be making unscheduled urgent dashes to the bench.

Clarke omitted is also expected. He was omitted last week and only played due to Hayward's illness.

Who will be the sub? We're down one midfielder, so the sub is likely to be another midfielder. Clarke? Stephens (27 disposals in the VFL last week)? Someone else?
    From the listed emergencies of McCartin,Clarke, McAndrew and Corey Warner, I’d be inclined to go Corey. Clarke I’ve expressed my views on in terms of our long term interests. We’re not making finals this year so let’s keep pumping opportunities into blokes like Corey.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    From the listed emergencies of McCartin,Clarke, McAndrew and Corey Warner, I’d be inclined to go Corey. Clarke I’ve expressed my views on in terms of our long term interests. We’re not making finals this year so let’s keep pumping opportunities into blokes like Corey.
    Yep re Corey.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh re Chad.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It looks like Corey for sub, unless they somehow decide on Dyl though this looks unlikely. As the Chad is out, a possible mid replacement makes the most sense.

I am a bit perplexed as to why Tmac us not in? We need every good player we can include atm

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I am a bit perplexed as to why Tmac us not in? We need every good player we can include atm
    Match fitness?
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Match fitness?
    Maybe but even a half match fit Tmac ha better than either of the alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    It looks like Corey for sub, unless they somehow decide on Dyl though this looks unlikely. As the Chad is out, a possible mid replacement makes the most sense.
    Dyl is not even an emergency

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Dyl is not even an emergency

He’s had enough chances, perhaps his card has been stamped !

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    He’s had enough chances, perhaps his card has been stamped !
    Maybe. Or maybe they are trying him in the inside role in the reserves. Trying to harden him up for seniors and don't believe he is ready yet. Big bodied mids are hard to come by. Roberts and Dyl are two of only four we have. Mills and Parker being the other two. I know Parker is not tall but he plays way over his height. Same as Gulden does.

Senior Player
    Stephens big bodied? Surely you are joking?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast