Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Rd 19 vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium - Match Thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why was he so good, other than pure talent? Because instead of going to him 54% of the time we only targeted him when he was in a good position. We went to him less with than 20% of our entries. This allowed him to get 1 on 1 with Pearce on multiple occasions

Sent from my CPH2471 using Tapatalk
    We should have been doing that for the last 10 years. By the way this allowed him some freedom to get involved in ground action. Some of his taps on were sublime.

Senior Player
    We made 3 Grand Finals with him in the team and we don't get there without him, including last year when he he stood up big time in the PF. So the last 10 years style of play has been ok.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Buddy has been influential in our last two wins. He's rediscovered his confidence and has shown desperation and will to win which only Parker and Rowbottom have matched.

This small piece on the afl site is on the mark:

'4) Buddy remains the key to a late Swans charge
    At 36 years old and in his 18th season, champion forward Lance Franklin remains crucial to anything the Swans hope to achieve in the final five rounds and beyond. That was the inescapable conclusion after a performance against Fremantle that was far more significant than his three goals suggested, with an equal game-high nine score involvements better reflecting his magnetic performance during crucial periods. While Logan McDonald showed superb skill at ground level for two goals, fellow tall Joel Amartey was held scoreless by the Fremantle defence. It remains Franklin, whose selflessness was another feature on Saturday night, who will determine the Swans' fate from the forward line. - Nathan Schmook'
    Couldn't agree more. It's great to see the Bud back.

Great win and great to see this club still wanting to win more and not peter out in the quest for a meaningless draft pick. A winning culture is the best gift we can give the next generation of the Bloods.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Not that silly
    Actually it is

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries

Bud Praise

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It's great to see the Bud back.

Great win and great to see this club still wanting to win more and not peter out in the quest for a meaningless draft pick. A winning culture is the best gift we can give the next generation of the Bloods.
    I dont know if people noticed but Bud changed his game. He blocked, competed, tap the ball and helped out his forwards and gave off the ball when he could. In the past he would grab the ball and place the responsibility on himself and dance around the opposition. He now understands he can no longer play that role.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Yeah, for me it’s not not that he can’t play until he’s 40, it’s what his presence as a deep forward has on the team, our performance and it’s impact on developing team-mates. If he’s still a valuable contributor, can he and the team adapt to ensure that he has significant value if he and the club wanted Bud to extend another season (… or two)

Every opinion is legitimate and worthy

I still see (maybe I want to see) value in him as a Swan. Father Time catches up with us all. Run a bit faster Bud. Just for a little bit more.
    I know, right. And every time he does one of those things no one else can do you think - maybe, just maybe. But I think that's the footy lover in us, not wanting to see him go. We've been beyond blessed to watch him. We'll miss him like crazy.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    I dont know if people noticed but Bud changed his game. He blocked, competed, tap the ball and helped out his forwards and gave off the ball when he could. In the past he would grab the ball and place the responsibility on himself and dance around the opposition. He now understands he can no longer play that role.
    Yep, he has, bc how come he suddenly has soft hands to take clutch marks in one motion not quite Heeney, but good .

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Coaches votes from the other night and no surprise, Parker gets 10. He's so good to watch when he's in a mood like that - just the tough as teak, old, hard head roaming and bossing a field of youngsters from both sides.

Coaches' votes, R19: Marcus Bontempelli makes a move, two perfect 10s in defeat
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

3 away games in a row is strange?
    Is this the Gather round that has screwed us ?

Mind you I would like out whole fixture to be at Marvel or in Perth as we seem to play well there

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    3 away games in a row is strange?
    Is this the Gather round that has screwed us ?

Mind you I would like out whole fixture to be at Marvel or in Perth as we seem to play well there
    Great ideas! 23 away games against WC in Perth next year. I’m all for it!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Yep, he has, bc how come he suddenly has soft hands to take clutch marks in one motion not quite Heeney, but good .
    Heeney's dropping them.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011