Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 22, vs Gold Coast at SCG, on Saturday 12 August, 1:45 PM

Senior Player

Rnd 22, vs Gold Coast at SCG, on Saturday 12 August, 1:45 PM

A must win game vs our recent bogey team, if we are to keep us in a reasonable position to make the top eight.

We have Campbell suspended unless we appeal (and win the appeal). Not sure how Lloyd is after the head knock just a couple of weeks after being concussed.

Stephens played well for the quarter he was on, so I think he might get promoted into the main squad.

Was Clarke that effective? Should he come out for Roberts or Corey Warner? Some are suggesting Arnold or Buller could get a run too, but not sure we want to do that with a must win game.

So:

Ins: Stephens, Roberts, Clarke (sub)
    Outs: Campbell (suspended), Clarke, Stephens (sub)

It’s possible one of Melican or Rampe might be fit this week.

I’m not entirely convinced that we want to replace the boot of Campbell with that of Stephens. Think Stephens stays as sub. It’s a real shame we are also missing JMac. Would they consider moving Ollie to the wing?

I didn’t think Campbell bumped, looked more like bracing for contact, so I hope we challenge and he gets off.

The one part of our game where we got slaughtered again is the contest. So I’d think Roberts will come in if fit enough.

Out: Campbell, Clarke
    In: Roberts, Melican/Rampe

I'm just pleased that Hickey got through the game and played well. He will be very valuable in countering one of GC's strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm just pleased that Hickey got through the game and played well. He will be very valuable in countering one of GC's strengths.
    Yes, thought big Tom played pretty well. I’d like to see Roberts in for Clarke. If Campbell is out, Stephens comes in and Corey sub.
    Francis played well, especially early and generally our defence was good. If Ramps is fit, who would you leave out? Better rest him for the next game against the Crows!

Senior Player
    Campbell is a definite out now, as club chose not to appeal.

Senior Player
    Key Quotes: John Longmire, Round 22

Sounds like: Rampe unlikely, Stephens/Roberts/Warner in the mix to cover for Campbell, Buller an outside chance.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Key Quotes: John Longmire, Round 22

Sounds like: Rampe unlikely, Stephens/Roberts/Warner in the mix to cover for Campbell, Buller an outside chance.
    Based on that presser, I wondered whether we might concede the ruck contests and play McLean there, with Buller in for Hickey. John brought up Buller, which can be a bit of a tell.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Based on that presser, I wondered whether we might concede the ruck contests and play McLean there, with Buller in for Hickey. John brought up Buller, which can be a bit of a tell.
    Hope not!

Senior Player
    Would be surprised if Hickey didn't play

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I doubt we would be dropping Hickey for no reason after only one game. If Buller was selected, I think it's most likely as a sub, perhaps with Stephens replacing Campbell.

Regardless, Horse isn't in the habit of providing an accurate running commentary of our team selections. Why tip off the opposition? So take anything he says with salt to taste.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Would be surprised if Hickey didn't play
    Big Tom will play if fit. Stephens in for Campbell, with Roberts in for Clarke. Though it seems Horse might persevere with Clarke which quite frankly I don’t understand. He’s ok as a tagger but playing him on HF is weakening our attack, though he does pop up for the odd goal. Trouble is that most of the time he’s a frustrating player- feel a bit sorry for him as he tries so hard but just doesn’t seem to cut it at this level.

So I would rather see Roberts in as he is the future but most likely Horse will stick with Clarke as he doesn’t like making changes to a winning team.

Senior Player
    Roberts for Campbell. Leave Stephens as sub. Or vice versa if Roberts slightly underdone.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast