Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Off Season Discussion

I have to say considering how brutal AFL is and supposedly our contested footy drills

I suspect that a wrestle with a mate is probably the least of our worries Re causing an injury…..and no worse than anything involving his shoulder in footy

I see it as just unlucky and a wrestle with a mate is not off limits given how much wrestling they do at training

Did u hear McRae say that for two years straight after every drill they do one on one contested fighting for the ball for 2mins

That is probably hours of wrestling every week

And Jordan Rankin should go a little easier on Mills 😂

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Injuries can occur in all manner of seemingly harmless ways. Falling off a bicycle, falling down some stairs, roller blading, skiing, skate boarding, horsing around and letting your hair down.
    Mills works his butt off, but I hope he’s better before 2034.
    Me too! (I noticed the typo too late to edit it.)

Regular in the Side
    very poor by one of our captains, maybe we should remove that title from him. second time injured mucking around

Mad Monday is an infantile event. Dressing up in children's attire and binge drinking seems out of place in an era of professionalism. Even Ludwig has modified his excesses.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Mad Monday is an infantile event. Dressing up in children's attire and binge drinking seems out of place in an era of professionalism. Even Ludwig has modified his excesses.
    Not sure about Ludwig, judging by some of his posts😊 but our boys as professional footballers need to be mindful of off-season risks to their bodies, which need rest more than mucking around. Of course, they can let their head down but can’t they do it in a bit more sensible manner? We had a horrible year with injuries- this was totally avoidable. Horse would be very unhappy, as we all are.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I have to say considering how brutal AFL is and supposedly our contested footy drills

I suspect that a wrestle with a mate is probably the least of our worries Re causing an injury…..and no worse than anything involving his shoulder in footy

I see it as just unlucky and a wrestle with a mate is not off limits given how much wrestling they do at training

Did u hear McRae say that for two years straight after every drill they do one on one contested fighting for the ball for 2mins

That is probably hours of wrestling every week
    I appreciate that logic, and I tend to view it as a tad unlucky; but without knowing the full details, if it was during a Mad Monday event and they were inebriated it's very different to sober wrestling at training.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I do think we need to avoid tut-tutting this stuff too much.

I get it’s not ideal if - and we don’t know yet - it intrudes on next season. But we can’t coddle them completely, and they are just as likely to injure themselves with other ‘outlets’.

A good dozen of the players surf. Well, I’ve variously blown a knee, busted an eardrum and got a bad infection that last two months after being dragged over a reef whilst surfing.

Plenty of them play golf. I’ve got hit by a stray ball once that left a swelling and bruise on my arm for six weeks, and a mate I was playing with trod in a sprinkler hole and broke his ankle.

Stuff happens. I get people don’t like the drunken tomfoolery element, but they’re allowed some fun.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Yep, golf can be brutal. The damage done to your bank account from joining a posh club, not getting the tee time you want,
    the indignity of being told to tuck your shirt in by the course marshal who is younger than you, being told by the bartender
    the Peroni pint glasses haven't been chilled correctly and the humiliation of four-putting from inside 20 feet. I have been
    suffering these injuries for years. I reckon Mills has got off light.
    Last edited by KTigers; 27th September 2023 at 10:06 AM.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yep, golf can be brutal. The damage done to your bank account from joining a posh club, not getting the tee time you want,
    the indignity of being told to tuck your shirt in by the course marshal who is younger than you, being told by the bartender
    the Peroni pint glasses haven't been chilled correctly and the humiliation of four-putting from inside 20 feet. I have been
    suffering these injuries for years. I reckon Mills has got off light.
    Since we're engaging in a little pearl clutching in this thread, I must say I find the idea of drinking Peroni from pint glasses a tad gauche.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    They are not strictly pint glasses, but they have a pint of beer in them. Allegedly. These blokes are just doing what a lot of
    20-somethings do every weekend. I'm giving them a free pass. It's been a long season.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast