Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Off Season Discussion

Regular in the Side
    Disappointing for Mills and the Club, set to miss a large junk of the season in his prime - fingers crossed it’s not as bad as reported

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Konstantin now needs to step up big time!

Warming the Bench
    That's disappointing. He had an average year and now goes and does this!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Konstantin now needs to step up big time!
    Konstanty even more so!

Veterans List
    I am unlike most of the previous posters. This is has to be one of the dumbest things an AFL captain has done, and he of all people should know better after his previous incident. I wonder if for one nano second he stopped to think this stuff is dangerous and stupid. Most Mad Mondays are benign events where a group of blokes get a little pi55ed. Not our captain, he leads from the front and decides to wrestle a kid, not one of the senior players (they probably know better).

Here we were on RWO very recently talking up our prospects for next season and this clown does this. He should be kicked out of the leadership group and sent back to the HBF. He is paid big money and we help pay for it. Leadership is more than on the field performance. My respect for Mills has gone down the gurgler. He should be made to do a leadership course in the off season. Only a heart felt apology to supporters will restore any faith I have in him.

Barry posted recently that with 29 seconds left in the elimination final Mills was wrestling with Cripps to stop him getting possession at the centre bounce, instead of trying to win possession. He failed that wrestling effort also. Oh the irony of Barry's comment. I suspect the club will ban Mad Mondays from now on.

The silver linings: maybe we will go for the best midfielder available in the draft and the opportunity provides for another player to step in the midfield. Campbell, JMac and Sheldrick get their chance. It looks to me that the obvious choice is Mills to the HBF (less need to draft KPD's) and Campbell in the guts.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Nothing like getting into a bidding war for a bloke recovering from an ACL thats never looked like making a All Oz team.

Assume after Naismith and AJ our medical team are looking for their next challenge
    Callum Mills anyone?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Does Mills 9 to 12 month injury recovery change anything for recruitment?

June to September 2024 we can expect to see Mills miss minimum 12 rounds of footy and possibly 24 rounds

That is a massive amount for a key player / mid
    Irresponsible individual. But the big question for me is how is he going to be able to text message. He will have to get someone to help him text his leadership wisdom to the young players. Is it his right or left shoulder. He might get neck problems if he is constantly looking down and texting with the good arm. or even worse RSI. At the B&F it is more than possible that he will get the Goose of the Year Award.
    Last edited by Nico; 27th September 2023 at 05:37 PM.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I am unlike most of the previous posters. This is has to be one of the dumbest things an AFL captain has done, and he of all people should know better after his previous incident. I wonder if for one nano second he stopped to think this stuff is dangerous and stupid. Most Mad Mondays are benign events where a group of blokes get a little pi55ed. Not our captain, he leads from the front and decides to wrestle a kid, not one of the senior players (they probably know better).

Here we were on RWO very recently talking up our prospects for next season and this clown does this. He should be kicked out of the leadership group and sent back to the HBF. He is paid big money and we help pay for it. Leadership is more than on the field performance. My respect for Mills has gone down the gurgler. He should be made to do a leadership course in the off season. Only a heart felt apology to supporters will restore any faith I have in him.

Barry posted recently that with 29 seconds left in the elimination final Mills was wrestling with Cripps to stop him getting possession at the centre bounce, instead of trying to win possession. He failed that wrestling effort also. Oh the irony of Barry's comment. I suspect the club will ban Mad Mondays from now on.

The silver linings: maybe we will go for the best midfielder available in the draft and the opportunity provides for another player to step in the midfield. Campbell, JMac and Sheldrick get their chance. It looks to me that the obvious choice is Mills to the HBF (less need to draft KPD's) and Campbell in the guts.
    Accident. Who could possibly anticipate an injury of this severity from a bit of a wrestle between two young blokes who are not out to hurt each other.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Accident. Who could possibly anticipate an injury of this severity from a bit of a wrestle between two young blokes who are not out to hurt each other.
    Two blokes wrestling at a function is juvenile stuff. Mills at 26 is not a young bloke and should have known better. One could speculate that he was the "mature adult" involved. To do his shoulder as he did, one could assume that it was far more vigorous than a little bit of fun. Amazingly the kid got him down for the 3 count.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Two blokes wrestling at a function is juvenile stuff. Mills at 26 is not a young bloke and should have known better. One could speculate that he was the "mature adult" involved. To do his shoulder as he did, one could assume that it was far more vigorous than a little bit of fun. Amazingly the kid got him down for the 3 count.
    You've got no idea about the details of what exactly happened and now you're judge, jury and executioner. Ridiculous.

We don't know the whole story other than what Melb media are now saying, which is all based on hearsay, not fact. Other than the statement from the Swans that Mills has done his shoulder, we haven't heard from Mills himself. And now Konstanty's name is up in lights. Let the dust settle and see how really serious the injury is. The Melb media are saying Mills is out for 24!!!!!

Veterans List
    The club would know more than anyone and the strength of the language used in it is worth noting.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast