Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Off Season Discussion

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    You've got no idea about the details of what exactly happened and now you're judge, jury and executioner. Ridiculous.
    The old lake Oval syndrome of "leave the boys alone". The club is clearly not happy with what has happened. That's enough for me to be justified with my remarks.

Senior Player
    Disappointing that people are turning on Mills who has shown great leadership from the day he walked into the club. Morris and Edmond are very ordinary reporters so let's wait and see about both the damage and the time he will miss. Nobody on here has any idea of what exactly happened yet some sink the boots in as if he has committed a major crime. Weak as water.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The old lake Oval syndrome of "leave the boys alone". The club is clearly not happy with what has happened. That's enough for me to be justified with my remarks.
    You've gone way over the top. Of course the club isn't happy. What do you expect them to say? You weren't present so you are clueless as to what happened. Mills has zero track record of being irresponsible but you turn on him first chance you get.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    You've gone way over the top. Of course the club isn't happy. What do you expect them to say? You weren't present so you are clueless as to what happened. Mills has zero track record of being irresponsible but you turn on him first chance you get.
    If this is the first time he has been irresponsible (and you don't know that) then it is an absolute doozie. I would expect our club that is revered for it's culture, has rules in place to prevent this garbage. It is our captain who has stepped out of line, not me.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Apparently he didn’t realise for a couple of days what he’d done to himself. How pissed must he have been? Talk about having a blinder!

As for Kostanty, let’s hope it’s a sign of the tackle pressure he’ll bring to his game in years to come. We’re crying out for some of that down in the forward 50.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If this is the first time he has been irresponsible (and you don't know that) then it is an absolute doozie. I would expect our club that is revered for it's culture, has rules in place to prevent this garbage. It is our captain who has stepped out of line, not me.
    Again, you have no idea about what actually happened yet you cast judgement and blame sanctimoniously. Do you want to ex-communicate him for irreverence?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Chill BF. Not everyone has a My-Country-Right-or-Wrong mindset about this team. Doesn't mean they don't love it.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Swans Off Season Discussion

If the injury is as bad as reported, and that remains to be seen, best case scenario is that Mills would be back May or June next season. Worst case is that he doesn’t play the whole year. So like the foot episode, his 2024 season is severely compromised, but unlike the foot episode, a pure accident, this was the result of drunken shenanigans. Mightily disappointing for him, the club and us supporters.
    Time for someone else to step up; Angus Sheldrick, this is your moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Chill BF. Not everyone has a My-Country-Right-or-Wrong mindset about this team. Doesn't mean they don't love it.
    Who questioned Nico's love for the team? Questioning his treatment of Mills who is one player.

Veterans List
    Personally, when I read about Mills I thought 'you frickin' idiot'. I still do.

Seriously, he's our captain, I thought he'd have more sense. I understand, being Mad Monday, there is alcohol involved but even accounting for that, it's super disappointing that he's got involved in anything that has lead to him possibly missing a large chunk of next season.

Extremely disappointed....in him and his 'team'mates.

Veterans List
    Really disappointed in Callum. When I first heard the news yesterday, I thought "Idiot". After reading the latest update that he could be out for 6-12 months, well I can't post what I thought!

I guess we have to wait to hear from the club, with regards to a timeframe.

It will be interesting to see if he remains a co-captain.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    The players should decide on some sensible guidelines so Mad Monday incidents like this don't happen again.

Why not have a night out wearing preposterously silly hats? Callum Mills can wear the cone hat with the D on it.

Don't forget Konstanty's role in the unfortunate incident. He can wear the D hat too. Perhaps he and Mills can take it in turns.

Wrestling is not something that anyone should do without proper training. At least they weren't using tables, ladders and chairs.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast