Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 135

Thread: Swans Off Season Discussion

  1. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yeah, agree; good post, Ludwig. I'm sure Mills is being as hard on himself as anyone.
    He’ll be kicking himself all summer, and next season will be very difficult for him, no doubt. A large part of my disappointment with this whole incident is knowing exactly what 2024 is going to mean. Been there, been an idiot, as we all are, but fortunately a fair bit younger in my case, so had time to catch up. Never managed to get the same opportunity to play that specific role again though.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #74
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,575
    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

  3. #75
    On the veteran's list
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Swans Heartland
    Posts
    2,247
    Two things in the discussion above annoy me. The snipe about the Lake Oval mentality was uncalled for. South struggled because they were broke rather than some undefined mentality. Secondly we have absolutely no evidence Mills was drunk or even drinking for that matter. Young men having a bit of a wrestle goes back to Cain and Abel.

  4. #76
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    3,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    At least they weren't using tables, ladders and chairs.
    That we know about!
    But in all seriousness I hope he doesn't develop Chris Judd shoulders
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

  5. #77
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    3,884
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Young men having a bit of a wrestle goes back to Cain and Abel.
    Perhaps not the best example. If I have the details right, Abel's career ended there and then, and Cain's issues became biblical.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

  6. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Perhaps not the best example. If I have the details right, Abel's career ended there and then, and Cain's issues became biblical.
    Outstanding RnR .


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #79
    Regular in the Side
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    melbourne
    Posts
    852
    serious mif he could miss many games next year potentially the full season. He needs to take responsabilty and pehaps offer up his joint captaincy. thes mad mondays should be banned.

  8. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    serious mif he could miss many games next year potentially the full season. He needs to take responsabilty and pehaps offer up his joint captaincy. thes mad mondays should be banned.
    I’m not sure which year it was when all our players decided not to drink any alcohol. It must have been very difficult but realistically professional athletes do need to make some sacrifices for their careers. I’m not suggesting that they can’t have a drink or two in the off season but they have to keep it to a minimum, just like they need to watch their diet. We don’t know the circumstances here but no doubt alcohol would have been a factor and to me this shows a lack of discipline by the boys. I’m not singelling Millsy as I’m sure this was accidental but I ask the whole team to greatly restrict their alcohol intake if they truly want to give the club and themselves every chance of success.

    The injury has happened and no point in us moaning about it. The players need to heed the lesson!

  9. #81
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Close to the old Lake Oval
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Two things in the discussion above annoy me. The snipe about the Lake Oval mentality was uncalled for. South struggled because they were broke rather than some undefined mentality. Secondly we have absolutely no evidence Mills was drunk or even drinking for that matter. Young men having a bit of a wrestle goes back to Cain and Abel.
    Cheap shot on South. Cheap shot on Mills.

  10. #82
    Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    3,884
    No idea whats meant by the Lake Oval mentality. But South, in adidition to having the arse out of their pants, also clucked-up a fair bit too.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

  11. #83
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Close to the old Lake Oval
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    No idea whats meant by the Lake Oval mentality. But South, in adidition to having the arse out of their pants, also clucked-up a fair bit too.
    True but totally irrelevant to Mills situation.

  12. #84
    Warming the Bench grarmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Barossa Valley
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The idiot factor is, like so much larrikin fun that goes pear shaped is, let’s stare it down is : alcohol. .
    You nailed it. You only have to read posts on RWO to see how booze can ruin otherwise sane people.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO