Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Off Season Discussion

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    We don't know the whole story other than what Melb media are now saying, which is all based on hearsay, not fact. Other than the statement from the Swans that Mills has done his shoulder, we haven't heard from Mills himself. And now Konstanty's name is up in lights. Let the dust settle and see how really serious the injury is. The Melb media are saying Mills is out for 24!!!!!
    I asked Google (don't laugh) this question: "What is the recovery time for a torn rotator cuff....torn off the bone?"

Answer: It takes six to eight weeks for the tendon to heal to the bone. Complete recovery time varies by size of the tear. For a small tears, full recovery time is about four months, for large tears, six months. For severe, massive tears, a complete recovery can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months.

He's a frickin' idiot. His common sense should be questioned, his leadership in question.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I asked Google (don't laugh) this question: "What is the recovery time for a torn rotator cuff....torn off the bone?"

Answer: It takes six to eight weeks for the tendon to heal to the bone. Complete recovery time varies by size of the tear. For a small tears, full recovery time is about four months, for large tears, six months. For severe, massive tears, a complete recovery can take anywhere from 6 to 12 months.

He's a frickin' idiot. His common sense should be questioned, his leadership in question.
    Tell me exactly how it happened

The idiot factor is, like so much larrikin fun that goes pear shaped is, let’s stare it down is : alcohol.
    If your vocation is elite sport and depends massively on your physical well being and
    if you aspire to be a fine player for an extended time frame, I honestly don’t know why they touch the poison and why they are not educated more about the damage it can cause in all sorts of ways Including addiction.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The idiot factor is, like so much larrikin fun that goes pear shaped is, let’s stare it down is : alcohol.
    If your vocation is elite sport and depends massively on your physical well being and
    if you aspire to be a fine player for an extended time frame, I honestly don’t know why they touch the poison and why they are not educated more about the damage it can cause in all sorts of ways Including addiction.
    Fair call

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Tell me exactly how it happened
    It matters little how it happened....it should never have happened, whatever the circumstances....but I reckon Hotpotato's point says it all....what is Mills aspiring to be? On many levels he has let the club and it's fans down.

Frankly, so have his team mates. I predict they'll all be getting a fair talking too....and as someone else suggested, post season 'shenanigans' may also be under review.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It matters little how it happened....it should never have happened, whatever the circumstances....but I reckon Hotpotato's point says it all....what is Mills aspiring to be? On many levels he has let the club and it's fans down.

Frankly, so have his team mates. I predict they'll all be getting a fair talking too....and as someone else suggested, post season 'shenanigans' may also be under review.
    Maybe there was bad luck and it was accidental. Never mind- crucify him anyway.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Maybe there was bad luck and it was accidental. Never mind- crucify him anyway.
    Better than the old 'boys will be boys' defense. He is a professional athlete.....and yes, he has every right to let his hair down at seasons end but as a club and team leader, he still has to maintain some sense of responsibility. To have torn the tendon off the bone and not even realise it, he must a been maggoted, ie: little sense of responsibility.

As for crucifying him, I'll leave that to the club. I highly doubt they'll be making excuses for him.

Warming the Bench
    Let he who doesn't sin cast the first stone

There must be hundreds of these mucking around incidents every year that we never hear about, because nothing comes of it. We know of this one because a serious injury resulted from the incident. I'm not condoning Mills, but think he's just a victim of bad luck. He's going to suffer more than he deserves. It's a long rehab. It won't be fun. He's being ridiculed. I hope he recovers psychologically from the incident.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    There must be hundreds of these mucking around incidents every year that we never hear about, because nothing comes of it. We know of this one because a serious injury resulted from the incident. I'm not condoning Mills, but think he's just a victim of bad luck. He's going to suffer more than he deserves. It's a long rehab. It won't be fun. He's being ridiculed. I hope he recovers psychologically from the incident.
    Agree. Also, let's wait and see on how long he will be out. Hopefully not as dramatic as the journos are making out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Pretty fair post. Sounds like a long time out and will the shoulder ever be quite right again.
    Hope so and on the mental health front as well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Pretty fair post. Sounds like a long time out and will the shoulder ever be quite right again.
    Hope so and on the mental health front as well.
    Yeah, agree; good post, Ludwig. I'm sure Mills is being as hard on himself as anyone.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast