Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AFLW R5 2023: Sydney Swans v Carlton, 4.05pm EST Fri 29 Sept Princes Park

Disappointing result but so much to like. The team improves with every game.Great to see so many Swans supporters there.

Veterans List
    I watched the game last night.

- We didn't take our chances when we had momentum end of the 1st quarter and start of the 2nd.

- I see what Liz meant about HTB. There were several that should have been paid in the 1st quarter. Then the 2nd quarter the umpires went Bang and paid several against us.

- We again had issues with our forward entries. It's something we need to fix. However, I'm enjoying the way we have been playing and can see so much improvement.

- How about the "Don't Argue" by Morphett the start of the 3rd quarter? I love her!

Veteran Site Admin
    A handful of Swans featured in the coaches' votes for round 5. Laura Gardiner was the highest vote getter, with 8. Steane and Morphett also claimed a vote or two.

Coaches' votes, R5: Tiger, Demon closing on leading Roo

I was a little surprised that Privitelli didn't get any recognition from the coaches, but she did make it into Sarah Black's team of the week, alongside Morphett. It's curious that we lost the game but got two players in the team of the week, with none from Carlton.

AFLW Team of the Week, round five

Meanwhile Ella Heads scored a Rising Star nomination for her performance. I confess I hadn't realised how young and inexperienced she is. For some reason I had in mind that she'd played a little AFLW with another club before the launch of the Swans' team.

Eagles ruck, Swans defender nab Rising Star noms

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It has occurred to me that Longmire might have his “big bodied midfielder” right under his nose. At 188cm she’s the perfect height.
    An interesting thought, it was her ground play (the Ally Morphet grab-and-go) that caught my attention in the first place.
    This week she took 8 marks, amd 3rd most metres gained and got 1 vote.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veteran Site Admin
    I ran my eye down the list of names in the U13-U15 Swans and Giants academy teams competing in a carnival up the coast this week. I think I was looking for possible FD/S picks - but mostly FD picks. The only one I spotted (and was already aware of) was Jordan Davis. If they are still involved in the academy, I think Kirk's twin daughters are in a higher age bracket now. I am not sure about Micky O's oldest.

But anyway, I did notice a lad in the U13 or U14 Giants academy team with the surname of Morphett. He was listed as being with Wagga football club, so it struck me that he could well be Ally's younger brother. Imagine being 6ft 2 (or thereabouts) as a woman - which is pretty darned tall - and yet being shorter than your just-teenage younger brother. He is listed at 192cm or 194cm - can't exactly remember and the link that I used to access the team lists isn't working any more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123