Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AFLW R7 2023: Sydney Swans v Hawthorn, 3.05pm AEDT Henson Park

Veterans List
    Really disappointing game so far. I think it's the worst we've played this season. Not sure what's happened. We seem to have lost confidence all over the ground.

Not sure about playing Molloy behind the ball. I can see what they're trying to do, but we need her to get the ball in the centre.

We need a big last quarter!

Well, that was unfortunate. Perhaps the most relevant stat is tackles inside 50, with Hawthorn leading 12 to 1. They've been able to rebound fairly easily, while in that quarter, our defenders were forced into a couple of costly mistakes.

I suppose we're not totally out of it, but two goalless quarters doesn't fill me with confidence.

Veterans List
    I know we haven't played well, but the umpiring hasn't been in our favour at all.

Well that was disappointing. Looked a million dollars for first 5 minutes. Then pfft ….

Oh well they should do a quick review and then move on. Hopefully today was an aberration.

Credit to Hawthorn though.

After the great start, the rest of the game was a pretty tough watch. Hawthorn did a better job of applying pressure and sticking tackles. Which led to too many handballs to players not in a better position and too many missed kicks. Then when we did hit targets, there were too many fumbles. And to compound things, gettable set shots were missed, when there was a chance to get a bit of momentum and put the pressure back on Hawthorn.

Oh well, I suppose it emphasises that it's still a very young side, that still needs to mature a bit more, to develop the consistency necessary to be a genuine finals side.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I got to the ground about 10 minutes after the start and didn’t think I was going to see us score a goal

Veteran Site Admin
    I guess games like that are part of the journey. They just never looked like their minds were on the task at hand.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Preseason I was expecting a few wins and a stinker or two - so it was disappointing but not a surprise.

The big disappointment was the complete lack of a coffee truck. I visited 14 vendors looking for a coffee for my wife and I couldn't find a single one - we had to stop off at Haberfield on the way home.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veteran Site Admin
    At the WC game I enjoyed a quite lovely coffee from a cart located next to the club kiosk. Made my way straight over there after getting to the ground yesterday, and was aghast to find it Not There. At half time I walked the ground looking for an alternate and, like you, failed to find one.

Pushing for Selection
    It's a sad state of affairs when a game in Marrickville cant supply a coffee :-) Craft beer game was strong though.

Some photos here
    Swans v Hawks pics

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ootf View Post
    It's a sad state of affairs when a game in Marrickville cant supply a coffee :-) Craft beer game was strong though.

Some photos here
    Swans v Hawks pics
    My wife claimed that is probably illegal to hold an event in the inner west with a complete absence of acceptable coffee - I'm less certain it may have been the lack of caffeine talking. I don't partake myself, so I'm unfamiliar with the relevant Coffee legislation.
    Fortunately the susquent application of two scoops of tiramisu icecream and a latte ameliorated her suffering.

Interesting pics though - I'd never realy noticed it before but there's not a single shot of a fist aiming for a spoil in any of the marking pics from saturday. Checked pics from earlier games, and it seems not to be a much practied skill.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 16th October 2023 at 06:51 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veteran Site Admin
    Extremely disappointing news today that Morphett has a broken bone in her wrist and will likely miss the rest of the season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast