Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFLW R9 2023: Sydney Swans v Collingwood , 1.05pm EST Sun 29 Oct Henson Park

Veterans List
    Great win! The last couple of weeks have been impressive.

Very disappointing that 2 weeks in a row there has been no post game coverage. Last week I could understand because we kicked so many goals and the game went overtime. But this week there is no excuse because they had time for ads straight after the siren.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Great win! The last couple of weeks have been impressive.

Very disappointing that 2 weeks in a row there has been no post game coverage. Last week I could understand because we kicked so many goals and the game went overtime. But this week there is no excuse because they had time for ads straight after the siren.
    Yep! Will have to wait for the song on the Swans website.

Excellent win, especially since Collingwood were in excellent form coming into the game. Perhaps the most pertinent statistic, was winning the tackle count 85-55, with Kennedy leading the way with 12 and Gardiner with 9. And those two were instrumental in us winning the clearances, despite Collingwood winning plenty more hitouts.

I think that pairing were probably vying for BOG, although Molloy and Hurley were also very good. I might go for Kennedy, just because her pressure and presence really seemed to be getting to the Collingwood mids.

But of course, with a win like that, there are other good players all over the ground. I thought Tarrant, McEvoy, Heads and Mitchell all were on top in defence. Ham had some nice involvements when given a chance on the ball. While Privitelli was impressive working up the ground to present as an option and Cynthia had some useful touches forward.

Looking forward to next week. Fremantle in Perth won't be easy, but I suspect that we beat a better side today. A win should see us in the finals, which would be a remarkable achievement, considering the winless previous season.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Thought Fregerick was going to cause big problems afte the first five minutes, but the Swans compensated and won hansomely. A lovely day on the bank in the sun.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    After last year, I was just hoping we could show improvement this season and notch at least one win. Never dreamed that, with one round to go, we'd be in the running for a spot in the finals!

GO BLOODS!

Camera hovered for very brief moment on a man wearing red Swans shirt and dark sunglasses, sitting on the grass with friends. Looked like Buddy - but it was a very brief glimpse. Did anyone see him there? Or was it my imagination?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    After last year, I was just hoping we could show improvement this season and notch at least one win. Never dreamed that, with one round to go, we'd be in the running for a spot in the finals!

GO BLOODS!
    Totally agree! What a fantastic improvement this team has shown. Hope they make it, and we get at least one in Sydney.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Totally agree! What a fantastic improvement this team has shown. Hope they make it, and we get at least one in Sydney.

Will be tough to earn a home final from here. Geelong, who are a rather large percentage ahead of us, play Hawthorn next week. Most decent teams - Swans aside - haven't had too much trouble accounting for Hawthorn. Hard to see Geelong losing that one, let alone receiving a thrashing to dent their percentage.

Then the other two teams ahead of us - Gold Coast and Essendon - play each other. Gold Coast are a draw ahead of us (so percentage is irrelevant) and Essendon are a game and meaningful percentage ahead of us. At least one of those two teams is going to remain ahead of us, regardless of what we do.

So our only chance of earning a home final requires Geelong to lose, and either Essendon to beat Gold Coast, or Gold Coast to inflict a huge loss on Essendon and us to get a big, big win out west.

Even if we win next week we could slip out of finals altogether if ours is a slim margin and St Kilda have a big win.

The healthy margin of our victory today makes it that much harder for Collingwood to overtake us on percentage next week if we both win. How good is that!

Beating Freo at Freo will be a tough job but if we keep competing like we have the last two weeks we are a good chance.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    A lovely day on the bank in the sun.
    I trust you managed to locate the coffee cart?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    My wife spotted the coffee truck from across the oval, it was behind the old kiosk next to the grandstand - She came back with a milkshake sized iced coffee - so all was good thankyou.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast