Pennant Hills Demons 38
    St. George Dragons 38
    Sydney University 38
    Manly Warringah Wolves 45
    East Coast Eagles 51
    Inner West Magpies 51
    South West Sydney Blues 58
    UTS AFC Bats 58
    Seems that a former staffer and Lord Farquaad still have lots of strings to pull at head office, looking at the number of points available for the Bats.

I don't see the problem Blinkers... this is the ladder from last year at the end of H&A and it seems relatively fair.

1 North Shore Bombers MPD
    2 UNSW-ES Bulldogs MPD
    3 Pennant Hills Demons MPD
    4 Sydney University MPD
    5 Manly Warringah Wolves MPD
    6 St George Dragons MPD
    7 Inner West Magpies MPD
    8 UTS Bats MPD
    9 East Coast Eagles MPD

Given East's recent success they could be lower and probably a bit hard on St George, but they never get near their current points anyway.

So East Coast win 1 game all year and get 7 less Points then UTS? Seems Fair

Almost Football Legend
    I see the Womens joint venture between Mac Uni & the Goannas is over; and the Goannas have the stand-alone Premier Division team.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    I see the Womens joint venture between Mac Uni & the Goannas is over; and the Goannas have the stand-alone Premier Division team.
    Explains why they are offering Ladies massive money to play for them

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    I think this raises a question around a growing gulf between so called ‘rich’ and ‘poor’ clubs.

Mac Uni the example here. Were premiers in Women’s Prems not that long ago, plus continually being very competitive in both Platinum grades with some success. Now firmly entrenched in the divisional competition, with some chat I’ve seen suggesting the men’s program could fold altogether? No major financial backing.

Newtown, Southern Power and Magic other examples, both clubs experiencing recent success in high levels, now entrenched in divisional competitions with no major financial support.

On the flip side, you give credit South West for the success they’ve had recently and earned a shot at Prems. But would they have got there without major financial backing? Unlikely. Same with Parramatta, major financial backing

Remember when we could see clearances and pre season info?

Who has trials arranged?

The Jets have Randwick and The Entrance for theirs.

Still no word on this pre season invitational and participants

Almost Football Legend
    AFL Sydney put the pre-season invitational up yesterday - check out https://sydneyafl.com.au/2024/02/15/...-invitational/
    AFL Sydney teams are Pennant Hills, St George, Inner West, UTS, East Coast & South-West Sydney.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Where are North Shore, Easts and Uni? The 3 best teams over the last 10 years and not in this comp?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Where are North Shore, Easts and Uni? The 3 best teams over the last 10 years and not in this comp?
    And they are 3 teams that pushed the strongest for a state league but now are not supporting a competition where they play against Canberra clubs who were going to be the other half of a state league. Obviously winning a Sydney premiership is their priority.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew Browning back to Baulko.
    Way back in the NEAFL days, he was one of the most dominating players in local footy in Sydney - a frightening vertical leap and sense of where the 'receivers' were going to be. Then stayed on after the NEAFL party was over.
    Must be getting on a bit now but he is going to give ECE a huge boost this year.

As an opposition fan I can't wait to see him play.

Missed with that one mate. NS already had a camp booked and paid for before the dates came out. Happy to join in if someone wants reimburse the cost of the camp.

Good to kick off with a bit of an ill informed whinge though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast