Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFL Sydney 2024 - What's the Buzz

Hey bomber it's too early in the season to be so thin-skinned. The question was only asked where the 3 best teams of the last decade are, particularly when they advocated so strongly for a combined comp. I would have thought NS would have pulled all the strings possible to play and prove that it is a good concept. Has the view of a combined comp changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Hey bomber it's too early in the season to be so thin-skinned. The question was only asked where the 3 best teams of the last decade are, particularly when they advocated so strongly for a combined comp. I would have thought NS would have pulled all the strings possible to play and prove that it is a good concept. Has the view of a combined comp changed?
    Thinned skinned? Couldn’t care less really. Just addressing the query about NS not participating.
    Don’t mind the concept.
    Teams playing should come into the start of the season in good nick, so that’ll make the first few rounds interesting.

Any word on when the divisional draw will be announced? Hopefully it’s this side of Easter.

Really impressed with all the clubs social media presence over the last few years. It’s a great way to attract new players to the game. Every club is looking so professional online and in turn are building some wonderful brands for their club. Can only be a positive for the league. Great work from all the committees, love looking at what you are all doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Any word on when the divisional draw will be announced? Hopefully it’s this side of Easter.
    Any update on this?

I understand that there are a lot of variables that impact on fixturing (ground availability), but to not have a full draw out the week before round 1 is extremely poor from HO.

The other leagues around the state have had their draws out for at least 2 weeks already.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Any update on this?

I understand that there are a lot of variables that impact on fixturing (ground availability), but to not have a full draw out the week before round 1 is extremely poor from HO.

The other leagues around the state have had their draws out for at least 2 weeks already.
    Was a long time coming, but they're up now.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

I assume this weekend will be postponed due to the weather..... is there anyone in the "know" who can provide an update

- - - Updated - - -

I assume this weekend will be postponed with the weather..... is there anyone on the "know" who can provide an update

Almost Football Legend
    I would assume that most grounds will be closed.
    Gore Hill is still open, maybe a couple of others; so we may get some games in.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

hey, is the stream not working or is it an 'operator error' ?

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    hey, is the stream not working or is it an 'operator error' ?
    Apparently the power went out on the hill. Was working in the clubhouse.

But East Coast knocking off UNSW-ES - biggest boilover ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Apparently the power went out on the hill. Was working in the clubhouse.

But East Coast knocking off UNSW-ES - biggest boilover ever?
    Not quite the “biggest boilover ever” Norris. But it would be nice if the East Sydney / Uni hierarchy could actually put the scores on the AFL website.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Not quite the “biggest boilover ever” Norris. But it would be nice if the East Sydney / Uni hierarchy could actually put the scores on the AFL website.
    I know in some associations in not only footy but other codes that a monetary fine system in entering scores by a certain time period, is there such thing in Sydney AFL? In some instances I’ve seen you could also get deducted points from the ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast