Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

I think calls to move Parker on are very premature.

He was out of the top side due to injury, not form.
    He is playing very well in the 2s
    Not all over it but from memory im yet to see Adams not breakdown after July

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    AFL website reporting that Parker was absent from Captains run and was likely not to be selected this week.

Seems like the same thing that is happened to ROK in 2014 is now happening to Parker. Should Parker be considering teaming up with Clarkson and leaving Sydney?
    No.

He would be pissed being 17 games from 300 too

It's four games now. He broke an arm so could still put weight on his legs during his recovery.

The Swans are telling him that we think James Rowbottom is a better footballer and that Sam Wicks is a better forward and that there are no hybrid forward / midfield roles for you.

This is ROK 2014 all over again. What happens when Mills comes back and nobody is injured? That will make its even harder for Parker.

There's speculation that ROK didn't attand the 2012 renunion and that he remains upset about 2014. Parker is a proud man. You dont want him feeling this.

A club like North and Clarko may be able to get him going again.

Id play him in front of Wicks and rotate him and Adams fwd.

Adams recruitment would sting and I believe a side will come for Parker.
    Adams isnt doing anything Parker wouldnt and visa versa

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Id play him in front of Wicks and rotate him and Adams fwd.

Adams recruitment would sting and I believe a side will come for Parker.
    Adams isnt doing anything Parker wouldnt and visa versa
    I agree but would go further and say I think Parker would be playing Adams’ role better than Adams is

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If Sheldrick has a year left on his contract he stays. Who knows if Parker will continue or even Adams. To let Sheldrick go at seasons end is folly to me.
    I have absolutely enjoyed watching the inside mid rotation this season in Ressies. I love weighing up potential vs now.

I love Sheldrick although lesser games due to injury again. He does have a clear advantage in a couple seasons training with the squad after the 2021 draft vs any newbie inside mids joining the squad this year 2024.

I am also seeing the challenge ahead for our ressie boys vs Seniors like Patch, Parker, Mills, Rowie, Warner, JJ most likely dominating the inside mid roles and forward rotation..........which doesnt bode well mathematically for our young guys to feature strongly in the top23 in 2024 minimum. Even JMac getting time thru the inside mid along with a couple others, doesnt leave much time for others.

It is worth taking some time to hone in on the inside mids in ressies....... at the games........or if you cant get there live...... go online.........because the the ceiling for a couple of them is still high ie Cleary and maybe even Indhi. Cleary is a truffle pig with elite running, strong already like Parker year 1 and good enough skills.

Cleary runs elite 6min kms......so that little GPS has him pinging above anyone else in ressie reviews...........he is also maybe a 30 to 45 secs ahead of Sheldrick and Robbo on the 2km.......which is enormous in distance ahead of the footy or a match up on game day.

He is an extractor with serious strength.

He is a laser with intent.

He is building his game to be a better link player........ie ive been watching closely his awareness to arc into the ball and provide his 360 options once winning the contested or loose ball in the mud

For not a perfect kicking technique......... he is effective and will only get better like KJack in my opinion

I truly believe he will be shifting gears past a few in ressies and biting at a mid rotation spot in 2025. Especially after this season and a pre season.

Looking forward to reviewing these posts 12 months from now.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    As alluded to by others earlier, it is official that Melican is now signed for next year, as he has triggers automatic extension clauses

So now we have Logan & Hayward plus Fox and Cunningham out of the bigger names to go.

Also yet to sign:

Reid
    Francis
    Buller
    Arnold
    McAndrew
    Mitchell
    Edwards
    Magor
    Konstanty
    Vickery

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Ludwig
    Great post, and agree with everything you said. Great to see you back on the keyboard

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    He is smarter than that, and besides he would be in line for a position with the Swans if he stays. He is highly regarded

Feel for Parker, but right now it’s about team balance - if we drop wicks we lose speed and pressure. Our luck with injuries can’t hold forever his chance will come

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    As alluded to by others earlier, it is official that Melican is now signed for next year, as he has triggers automatic extension clauses

So now we have Logan & Hayward plus Fox and Cunningham out of the bigger names to go.

Also yet to sign:

Reid
    Francis
    Buller
    Arnold
    McAndrew
    Mitchell
    Edwards
    Magor
    Konstanty
    Vickery
    Mitchell, Edwards and Buller a big yes. Unsure on the rest.