2024 list management thread started!

What an exciting list we have, first time in a few years that we have had such major changes.

Despite this, we still have work to do this year to maintain, improve and rejuvenate our list.

According to Footywire, we have 21!!! players coming out of contact at the end of this year! Someone like Liz might be able to confirm that info?

The top five are Gulden, Logan, Florent, Rowbottom and Hayward.

Next tier is Reid (final year anyway?), Cunningham, Fox, James Jordon (that can't be right?) and Melican.

Then also Francis, Caleb, Mitchell, Vickery, Arnold, Buller, Konstanty, Magor, Hamling, McAndrew and Edwards.

Of the top five:

- Gulden we would probably expect to sign for seven years or so, like Blakey
- Logan we hope will resist the big Fremantle dollars and return home factor, to be our key forward now Franklin has retired. Am glad we didn't get Naughton for big dollars, as that would have eaten up some dollars and may have been a factor for him wanting to leave.
- Florent is great, and I hope we re-sign him, but he is replaceable.
- Hayward looks absolutely ripped and I hope he has a great season. Cops a lot of flak (from me too) re his output.
- Rowbottom I think is under pressure to keep his spot in the 22, and maybe the Swans, with Patch and Jordan signings. Will be interesting what happens when Mills and Shelldrick are fit. He may end up like Hewitt, squeezed out of the team and not a priority signing until it is too late.

Of the next tier, Cunningham and Fox are great lower cost re-signings that play great defensive roles more often than not. Reid is probably in his final year. I can't imaging James Jordan came over on a one year contact, so I think Footywire info is wrong. Reid, he is in his last year again probably anyway lol. Melican, will depend on how injury free he is this year.

Of the final group, a mixed bag of players, some of whom will be delisted to make room for the new draftees. Hoping Vickery and Konstanty come good in particular.

We also need replacements for Rampe and Parker (Shelldrick) in the next 1-2 years as well.

It is a very exciting time to be a Swans supporter, so many things that may happen both on and off the field this year!