Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 List Management

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Errol not Ollie
    They met him 2 weeks ago

Offer is 25% better that Buddys for the same length

Probably not that surprising as anyone that was able to get in front of him would offer that
    I doubt there is much to it, I am sure he will receive offers from most clubs and his management will use it to jack up his contract, I hope Errol realises you cant play footy on his own - time will tell I guess

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Errol not Ollie
    They met him 2 weeks ago

Offer is 25% better that Buddys for the same length

Probably not that surprising as anyone that was able to get in front of him would offer that
    It wouldn’t surprise me with the money coming into the game. With the average salary due to rise from $400k to $600k, a salary of $1.2m will become common for the top two or three at most clubs. Whether he accepts or not is another story. We will likely offer him something similar
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Source is from Crows

Im only surprised they got in front of him, most teams would offer that given the opportunity

- - - Updated - - -

Gettable saying Rowy is basically done. 4 yr deal

I'd say we may loose two players next season............mainly due to our performances as a team and our individuals doing very well.

You would have to think 5 or 6 of our players coming up would be worth minimum $150k pa more to move to other clubs vs what we can pay in the cap. Could even be higher for a few?

Negating movement of key players we want to retain has been spending frugally in the backline while ensuring our list is in a window right now. The allure of finals footy in 2024 and 2025 must be exciting !

Melican is already showing great value for money last few weeks as a nice surprise for us punters. Partick Snell at 194cm and athletic could be another to watch.

I wonder if a club in a window or rebuild may come knocking for a Jake Lloyd who maybe on close to $600k pa? We have a fair rotation now and we maybe able to cover Jake at the back end of his fantastic career. ie We made that call with Patch Adams taking him at the same age for specific skills sets required. We may also only be able to pay average salary $380k ish max if Jake wants another season or two?
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 28th March 2024 at 07:10 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Pushing for Selection
    Easy way to keep Errol. Make him captain. He is Swans through and though. Give him that responsibility and honour.

The current captain has spend over a year of his AFL career injured on the sidelines due to off field misadventure. Throwing a gridiron ball and wrestling a team mate on Mad Monday. He fits the mould off field misadventure like Glen Maxwell and nobody makes Glen Maxwell captain despite like Mills being a match winner. That’s just not good enough for someone who wants to hold the captains job.

Give the job to Errol and all this speculation goes away. Errol deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    Easy way to keep Errol. Make him captain. He is Swans through and though. Give him that responsibility and honour.

The current captain has spend over a year of his AFL career injured on the sidelines due to off field misadventure. Throwing a gridiron ball and wrestling a team mate on Mad Monday. He fits the mould off field misadventure like Glen Maxwell and nobody makes Glen Maxwell captain despite like Mills being a match winner. That’s just not good enough for someone who wants to hold the captains job.

Give the job to Errol and all this speculation goes away. Errol deserves it.
    He will end up captain at some point.

But there is no doubt Mills is seen, within the club as an excellent captain, despite his ability to pick up crazy off field injuries. They won't be changing that anytime soon, simple as that.

I'd expect they will be co-captains in a couple of years time.

Errol will be going nowhere - he is the least likely of those out of contract to be leaving. They will keep the captaincy carrot for another day.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    It does seem likely we'll lose a couple of gems, not much one can do given the crazy sums being thrown around (and indeed that apparently the Swans themselves have been offering). The best one can hope for is you maximise their trade value on the way out - Melbourne with Jackson and Geelong with Kelly should be our role models.

Most likely exits appear to be McDonald and FloWard (I seem them as a combined entity like BrAngelina but OllyWilly sounds wrong). Would of course love to keep all of them but arguably Florent, for example, would be getting more midfield time and more kudos at another club - that plus more $ may well lead to an exit.

I would like to think all 5 players will re-sign simply because they're happy playing in a team which is on the up and in premiership window.

They may receive bigger offers elsewhere, but they will be offered good money to remain & BETTER chance to enjoy the ultimate success, in a team they've bonded all together so weĺl.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I would like to think all 5 players will re-sign simply because they're happy playing in a team which is on the up and in premiership window.

They may receive bigger offers elsewhere, but they will be offered good money to remain & BETTER chance to enjoy the ultimate success, in a team they've bonded all together so weĺl.
    That's the dream of all employers (and, if you like, shareholders) KSAS but reality doesn't tend to work that when we're talking 1.5X/2X the differential (I know it wouldn't work for me!).

Money (wealth) v Success (Flags). I would like to think success comes first for professional sportsmen and women?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Money (wealth) v Success (Flags). I would like to think success comes first for professional sportsmen and women?
    Brisbane managed to hang on to all their stars when they won 3 flags in a row as did Hawthorn. Club knew Errol was good but probably didn't realise how good he was to become and how much he is now worth.

Pushing for Selection
    How does a flag or two help a 35 year old retired player, struggling to pay a mortgage and having a kid starting at an expensive independent school the next year? Is a flag or two better than leaving up to a $1,000,000 on the table of earnings during a players career and thus struggling with the above? When his wife says we’re not going to be able to pay the phone bill next month does he pull out his two premiership medals and say at least I’ve got these. Wife says back to him. Fantastic that you go to one function every 10 years but your a gullible fool for not taking that wonderful deal when you had the opportunity.

This take less money and be part of a flag or two is real world fantasy land.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast