Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 0 - Pre Match Thread - vs Melbourne at SCG, Thursday 7 March 2024 at 1:30 PM

The VFL side has Practice Matches

Regular in the Side
    I have a ?> on the new Concussion rules. Does it mean that if a swans player on the SENIOR list (say like redi) gets concussed in a reserves game (vfL) has to miss the maximum games and noit 12

Senior Player
    The opener is here already, can you believe it. I'm officially excited!

I'm a little concerned about the missing midfielders, but the Dees have a few notable outs too in other areas.

Grundy has clearly underperformed in recent years for various reasons - I hope our club provides the "cultural fit" for him to thrive and he goes well tonight. And which of Amartey, McLean and McDonald will step up in the post-Buddy era - hopefully all 3!

I'm expecting a typical first round game, scrappy and everyone buggered by the last quarter, but it will be great to be back at the SCG.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I have a ?> on the new Concussion rules. Does it mean that if a swans player on the SENIOR list (say like redi) gets concussed in a reserves game (vfL) has to miss the maximum games and not 12
    No, if they are on a senior list then 12 applies as they have access to the significantly superior medical teams.

The side selected is exactly what I thought. Gus could not play ahead of Roberts on the Brisbane game. I think there's a bit of rose coloured glasses about Gus because he's a first round pick and we are hoping he franks that selection. Not sure the glasses would be on if he was a pick 55, we'd just be saying he's showing a bit, there's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    The opener is here already, can you believe it. I'm officially excited!

I'm a little concerned about the missing midfielders, but the Dees have a few notable outs too in other areas.

Grundy has clearly underperformed in recent years for various reasons - I hope our club provides the "cultural fit" for him to thrive and he goes well tonight. And which of Amartey, McLean and McDonald will step up in the post-Buddy era - hopefully all 3!

I'm expecting a typical first round game, scrappy and everyone buggered by the last quarter, but it will be great to be back at the SCG.
    I'm also keen to see the trio of Amartey, McDonald and McLean tonight. I'm quietly confident that they'll do well. I think it just depends on our inside mids getting enough of the ball to our outside runners, who are more than capable of driving the Melbourne defenders a little bit crazy, with their delivery into the forward 50.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Reckon both deserve to be in.
    You're probably right there. Hopefully Gus gets 100% right and the selectors can make it happen soon.....but with Parks and Patch to return at some point, as previously mentioned, the competition for spots will be fierce. A good thing.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 7th March 2024 at 11:03 AM.

Must be the first time in a while we have had Melican, Mccartin, Ramps and Blakey available

That should help our run out of defense not having Blakey and Ramps to play tall/lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    B: L.Melican 43 T.McCartin 30 D.Rampe - C 24 // HB:: N.Blakey 22 O.Florent 13 J.Lloyd 44 // C: J.McInerney 27 Ch.Warner 1 E.Gulden 21 // HF: I.Heeney 5 L.McDonald 6 J.Amartey 36 // F: T.Papley 11 H.McLean 2 W.Hayward 9 // Foll: B.Grundy 4 J.Jordon 17 J.Rowbottom 8 // I/C: B.Campbell 16 M.Roberts 34 H.Cunningham 7 S.Wicks 15 R.Fox 42 // Emerg: A.Sheldrick 12 P.Ladhams 19 Co.Warner 37
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Must be the first time in a while we have had Melican, Mccartin, Ramps and Blakey available

That should help our run out of defense not having Blakey and Ramps to play tall/lockdown
    I agree that should really help us structurally and allow us to really use Blakey as the total weapon he is

Veterans List
    Anyone else having trouble downloading tonight's ticker from the app? If you haven't tried yet, I recommend giving it a go. Any thoughts on how to resolve appreciated.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Anyone else having trouble downloading tonight's ticker from the app? If you haven't tried yet, I recommend giving it a go. Any thoughts on how to resolve appreciated.
    Try logging out and logging back in. That sorted it out for me.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    and if that doesn't work, this might apply to you https://www.reddit.com/r/sydneyswans...the_swans_app/

Veteran Site Admin
    Yeah, I encountered the merged ID issue and had to reset my TM password. That was before I tried to access the tickets, so then still had to log out and back in. The reddit post says they couldn’t find a way to logout but there should be a button in the top right hand corner of the screen.

I just warned a friend not to wait until she’s at the gate to try to access her tickets. She’d already gone the delete-app-and-reinstall option (which I guess is just a long route to logging out and back in).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast