Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opening round: the other games.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    While you're there, have you seen Ludwig lately? I can't recall him posting for a while.
    I just spoke to Ludwig. They have been in Vietnam about a week and on day 2 he sat on his reading glasses in a taxi and broke the lens, so has had to rely on some cheapies. He said he will hopefully be back posting soon.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    GWS v Collingwood was a fascinating game. Both have now mastered the Richmond style of continuous tap on to advantage that at stages of the game the ball was like a ping pong bouncing around in a netball court sized pack of midfielders.

If you believe the Richmond style is the current best practice game plan, which I do, then it's hard to see any other sides challenging these two, other than maybe the GC suns but they are a year or two off adopting it fully.

Brisbane don't play this style. We don't play this style. Carlton might be close.
    Agree. I went to the game and I commented to the people I was with that a number sections of the play reminded me
    of a game of basketball. Even with the hand passes that go a bit astray (which is going to happen when the play is so
    fast and they are in traffic) the teams have clearly practiced slapping and punching the wayward ball away to a teammate.
    Tho' in the end it took some old school big boy forwards in Jesse Hogan and Callum Brown to kick straight and four and
    five goals each to put up the winning score.

That's good. I was starting to worry that his eyes were becoming too bad for him to post.
    I somehow managed to break 1 pair and lose my other pair of reading glasses the first week in Vietnam. I'm settled in now in Da Lat until the end of April and will try to get back on RWO once I work out a better solution than my laptop.

Maybe Nico and i can do some joint posting if we can come to a compromise on Will Hayward and Harry Cunningham.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 10th March 2024 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I somehow managed to break 1 pair and lose my other pair of reading glasses the first week in Vietnam. I'm settled in now in Da Lat until the end of April and will try to get back on RWO once I work out a better solution than my laptop.

Maybe Nico and i can do some joint posting if we can come to a compromise on Will Hayward and Harry Cunningham.
    "So, how was Vietnam?"
    "Dunno, I didn't really see much of it."

Veterans List
    I know, after the first week of the competition, only one out of the ten Victorian teams has won a game, thanks to the woke AFL!
    Yeah, they should stay well away from 'touchy feely' social issues like promoting the game in states other than Victoria and damn well stick to footy!

Senior Player
    Yep, four games in NSW and Qld and none in the other states. And then a round where all the games are on in SA.
    Somehow I can't see the world stopping spinning on its axis.

I spent 8 days in DaNang. It's a nice city, but too may tourists. Totatlly set up for tourism.

DaLat is in the mountains, with a pleasant climate> it's also has lots of tourists, but itls easier to get away from the relentless instagram shots being taken. I'm here, as Nico says, mainly to get away from the the heat and pollution of Ching mai at this time of year.

It's my firtst time in Dalat. So far, so good.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I spent 8 days in DaNang. It's a nice city, but too may tourists. Totatlly set up for tourism.

DaLat is in the mountains, with a pleasant climate> it's also has lots of tourists, but itls easier to get away from the relentless instagram shots being taken. I'm here, as Nico says, mainly to get away from the the heat and pollution of Ching mai at this time of year.

It's my firtst time in Dalat. So far, so good.
    Go well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    It's not working.
    Indeed. GWS are bloody good; elite players forward, middle and back.

Senior Player
    I'm calling it now. An all Sydney GF this year. And the state of Vic going into a complete meltdown and the VFL
    bringing in a new rule that EVERY week of the finals must have a Melbourne team playing in it at the MCG.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I'm calling it now. An all Sydney GF this year. And the state of Vic going into a complete meltdown and the VFL
    bringing in a new rule that EVERY week of the finals must have a Melbourne team playing in it at the MCG.
    Should've been an all Sydney GF in 2016. Umpires got the Poodles over the line in their PF against the Giants.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Should've been an all Sydney GF in 2016. Umpires got the Poodles over the line in their PF against the Giants.
    Exactly...so probably the reason that all NSW GF prediction will fail. I'd love it to happen though....just to spite the 'heartland'.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Yep, free kick count was 23-13 in favour of the mutts in Prelim, and 20-8 against us in the GF. Never forget.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast