Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 VFL thread

Senior Player

2024 VFL thread

I can't seem to find a 2024 VFL thread...?

Anyway, according to this, we played a VFL practice game against Southport this morning: 2024 Smithy's VFL practice match schedule.

Anyone heard any news?

Senior Player
    Very poor showing by the club to not provide any info on this match. Even the Academy game got live video. Nothing from the club about the VFL. What's going on?The score below came via the Sharks Insta feed. : (3.7.25 Swans13.16.94 Sharks
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Round 1 of the VFL this week. Swans v Coburg @ Tramway on Sunday at 12.05pm.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Round 1 of the VFL this week. Swans v Coburg @ Tramway on Sunday at 12.05pm.
    Team up on the Swans website, about 11/12 listed players and some interesting extras. Sam Reid CHB

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Team up on the Swans website, about 11/12 listed players and some interesting extras. Sam Reid CHB
    Interesting! Swaps with Francis. Also, Magor on the ball. Buller injured?

Swans face Coburg in VFL Opener

Sent from my SM-A346E using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Interesting! Swaps with Francis. Also, Magor on the ball. Buller injured?

Swans face Coburg in VFL Opener

Sent from my SM-A346E using Tapatalk
    I hope Jack Buller is still with us? No mention of him in the injury list?

Senior Player
    I am keen to watch Caleb Mitchell today. I think he might make it. Hopefully he proves me right.

Pushing for Selection
    Buller is in attendance today - slight limp?

Thought I'd post the team, as I'm curious about some of the positions that players are listed in. Although of course, being named in a position, may not mean that they actually play there.

B: W. Edwards (28), J. Hamling (29), P. Snell (41)
    HB: C. Vickery (25), S. Reid (20), C. Mitchell (35)
    C: W. Kelly (49), C. Cleary (33), M. Geddes (61)
    HF: J. Konstanty (18), A. Francis (10), J. Bartholomaeus (53)
    F: K. Grass (66), L. McAndrew (46), P. Moi Moi (56)
    R: P. Ladhams (19), J. Endemann (57), J. Magor (32)
    INT: T. Longmire (58), B. Edwards (50), B. Ashley-Cooper (51), W. Green (45), L. Cabor (63)*
    EMG: Ham Morrison (62), T. Gander (65), Har Morrison (55), B. Robertson (68), J. Nicholls (67)

But anyway: Reid at CHB. If he plays there, does that mean that he's seen as a backup if McCartin or Melican get injured?

Next to him, Mitchell at half back. Is he going to spend more time as a rebounder, rather than the up and down the flank role that he played last year?

On the centre line, I'm keen to see how Cleary goes, as he might be in line for an early AFL debut, if another of our mids gets an injury.

And will the 209cm McAndrew actually play full forward? Last year, he didn't seem to read the ball in flight all that well, but if he's improved that, it could be fun to watch.

Also interesting is Magor and Endemann being named as followers. Late last season, I thought Magor was doing really well as a rebounding defender and I was keen to see him develop that role. But maybe he's been impressive as a midfielder in the preseason? While I've thought that Endemann was a rough chance for the rookie list, but it seemed to me that he needed to improve his tank. So maybe that's a sign that he has?

I'm also curious to what role Green will play when he comes on.

Boring game, but Cleary and Mitchell showing heaps of the young fellas. Reid his usual self up front and Ladhams dominating really making a case for a recall

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I am keen to watch Caleb Mitchell today. I think he might make it. Hopefully he proves me right.
    He will.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

48 points up at 3/4 time. Caleb Mitchell seems to be BOG so far and Hamling having some sort of game too. Konstanty 2 goals so far and hope he come good this season without injury holding him back. Of our 2024 newbies, Snell seems to be doing well. Go boys.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast