Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 2: the other games.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Not over yet.

The free kick count is 29 - 13 St.Kilda's way! Those are figures the Bulldogs would be jealous of!!
    Last edited by Sandridge; 21st March 2024 at 10:08 PM.

I hope that Higgins goal is voted goal of the week, just to further piss off Collingwood fans.

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    all that could make 0-3 sweeter is if they concede 100+ third game in a row 😄

Veterans List
    A joyous night LOL

Next week the winless Brisbane vs the winless Pies at the Gabba, mmmm

Senior Player
    You can tell the Saints studied the Sydney game last week, they started the 4th quarter in the same way - pressed high up the ground, high pressure, relentless tackles.

Not being the same calibre as Sydney they almost let the Pies back in with some sloppy moment and missed chances, but got it done in the end.

The downside: another week of Collingwood-focused articles in the footy media. Though that would probably be the case if they were winning too

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    You can tell the Saints studied the Sydney game last week, they started the 4th quarter in the same way - pressed high up the ground, high pressure, relentless tackles.

Not being the same calibre as Sydney they almost let the Pies back in with some sloppy moment and missed chances, but got it done in the end.

The downside: another week of Collingwood-focused articles in the footy media. Though that would probably be the case if they were winning too
    Yes, since Lyon and Longmire were both assistant coaches under Roos, I was wondering if Lyon was on phone earlier in the week, with a, "So, John, any ideas on how to beat Collingwood?"

Pushing for Selection
    Come on now , you gotta feel sorry for the poor maggies.......... 3 games NO WINS My red and white heart bleeds. I THINK NOT. May this run of losses continue!!!
    Payback for 75 years of us bloods putting up with their bragging and bull....t

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Collingwood got hit by the proverbial rainbow on the bum last year.

They had a bunch of oldies defy prior injury history to return to their best and enjoy a late-career renaissance all at once, the gift of Nick Daicos which they did nothing to earn bar the fact Peter and Mrs Daicos got amorous 20+ years ago, outrageous umpiring non-decisions against their opponents in the final minutes of both the prelim and the GF that could have turned both games had they been correctly awarded and other assorted bits of luck.

I get they made some good decisions (mainly recognising there was still some juice in their list and flicking Nathan Buckley once it was clear he'd run out of ideas) and you need the ball to bounce in your favour to win a flag, but boy they got more than their fair share. They're getting none this year, and playing ineptly too.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Adelaide kick poorly, look slow, uncoordinated talls at both ends, and don't play with a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Adelaide kick poorly, look slow, uncoordinated talls at both ends, and don't play with a plan.
    Watching them tonight has been excruciating. Their skills were awful; hope they play like that against us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Collingwood got hit by the proverbial rainbow on the bum last year.

They had a bunch of oldies defy prior injury history to return to their best and enjoy a late-career renaissance all at once, the gift of Nick Daicos which they did nothing to earn bar the fact Peter and Mrs Daicos got amorous 20+ years ago, outrageous umpiring non-decisions against their opponents in the final minutes of both the prelim and the GF that could have turned both games had they been correctly awarded and other assorted bits of luck.

I get they made some good decisions (mainly recognising there was still some juice in their list and flicking Nathan Buckley once it was clear he'd run out of ideas) and you need the ball to bounce in your favour to win a flag, but boy they got more than their fair share. They're getting none this year, and playing ineptly too.
    A good analysis.

To be fair to them, they were very good last year and to win as many close games as they did, you have to be doing something right.

But the planets certainly aligned for them! Some "interesting" decisions went their way at crucial times and they even got away with putting a star opponent out of the game - and football altogether! - very early in a close final. And playing the Grand Final on your home ground helps, too!

Although I feel they'll improve a lot in the coming weeks, it's certainly great to see them struggling and doubting themselves. The only downer is that our win over them last week might not have been as impressive as we would like to think.

Senior Player
    The way I read this is if you can have a 1 point Prelim win followed by a 4 pt GF win and then start the next season 0-and-3 (admittedly
    against teams that all made the finals last year) is that there is very very little between the best teams and if you are off your best more
    than 5% then you will lose.
    To win the GF you need a lot of luck running your way and the Magpies probably used up all their luck brownie points last year.
    Starting 0-and-3 means you can only lose another 3 (maybe 4) games for the rest of the season if you want to finish Top 4.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast