Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 3 Pre-Match Thread, vs Richmond at MCG, 4 PM Sunday 31 March 2024

Veterans List
    Good to see Richmond getting pasted in the media for lack of pressure. Ensures they will come at us with an 'edge' this week LOL

My final word on this but if given my ‘druthers’, my choice is
    Hayward, McDonald, Papley
    Parker, McClean, Reid
    as our starting front six.
    Leave McClean as CHF, relieving Ruck Reid
    This won’t happen yet because Reid doesn’t look totally fit. His first half was promising but he was dropping marks which is unlike him and Green and McAndrew were preferred as tap rucks even ahead of Ladhams in the second half.
    I know Parker is also not available but this is my preferred choice not reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree. Leave the structure as is.
    Yes, I can't see them making discretionary changes to a winning team. Mitchell could come in for Harry, with Lloyd to slide back from the wing.

I wonder whether Adams is fit enough to be sub. There were photos of him training last week.

Amartey has had 15 touches, 10 marks and kicked 3 goals in 3 games.

I believe he is more than capable but is currently not performing.

Mclean stays permanent fwd and Ladhams as the relieving ruck.

Nank is a physical ruck.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Amartey has had 15 touches, 10 marks and kicked 3 goals in 3 games.

I believe he is more than capable but is currently not performing.

Mclean stays permanent fwd and Ladhams as the relieving ruck.

Nank is a physical ruck.
    Only one change NEEDED and that's a replacement for Harry. Suspect Lloyd will go back into familiar territory and we'll bring in either Co Warner or debut/sub Caleb Mitchell. No need to rush back players from injury with Richmond and WCE the next two games.

Will they toy with the idea of Ladhams for Amartey? Ladhams is at least a genuine ruckman as opposed to McLean

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Ladhams is at least a genuine ruckman as opposed to McLean
    Are we forgetting that Grundy is a ruckman that thrives on being on-ball. The fact that he enjoys long periods as the main ruck should not be lost on us when looking at a relieving ruck.

1) We choose a genuine ruck to be the relief, in which case that ruckman must play another role when not on-ball.
    If not suited to a forward role then that player must spend long periods on the bench waiting for his opportunity, and taking up vital rotation position.

2) We choose a player that is not only a capable position player but can be defensive pressuring player, an attacking threat and be capable of competing competently in the ruck either in the forward line or around the ground.

McClean has already proven himself in the second role and although lacking genuine pace is very strong aerobically. Less convinced by Armartey’s first few games but his limited involvement in Pre-Season sims and training may be the reason for this. Perhaps this may also explain his subbing and shortened game time.

I would rather see debuts from some of our well performed VFL candidates or the inclusion of Reid before the selection dilemmas posed by Parker and Addams begins.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A bit off topic (or maybe a lot), but has anyone seen the full leadership group for this year?

I've noticed Ramps doing the toss in the absence of Mills, which is cool with me; but it got me wondering if i had missed the announcement of the broader group.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    Are we forgetting that Grundy is a ruckman that thrives on being on-ball. The fact that he enjoys long periods as the main ruck should not be lost on us when looking at a relieving ruck.

1) We choose a genuine ruck to be the relief, in which case that ruckman must play another role when not on-ball.
    If not suited to a forward role then that player must spend long periods on the bench waiting for his opportunity, and taking up vital rotation position.

2) We choose a player that is not only a capable position player but can be defensive pressuring player, an attacking threat and be capable of competing competently in the ruck either in the forward line or around the ground.

McClean has already proven himself in the second role and although lacking genuine pace is very strong aerobically. Less convinced by Armartey’s first few games but his limited involvement in Pre-Season sims and training may be the reason for this. Perhaps this may also explain his subbing and shortened game time.

I would rather see debuts from some of our well performed VFL candidates or the inclusion of Reid before the selection dilemmas posed by Parker and Addams begins.

Ladhams for Amartey doesnt take anything away from Grundy.

Mclean stays fwd, Ladhams does Mcleans role.

Mclean better as a fwd, a toiler as a Ruck.

Be hard to argue Ladhams isnt a better backup ruck or Fwd option on current form

Be hard to argue Ladhams isnt a better backup ruck or Fwd option on current form
    Good Ladhams, in form, is terrific. Bad Ladhams, in form, is a worry. However, based on comments by posters who have followed his work over the past month or so suggest he is ready and deserving a run in the firsts. Amarty, to me still lacks confidence and four-quarter form. He has had some moments and taken some critical marks over the past month but leaves me unsure. Reid? Still a tease for me.

I would include Robbie Fox if fit, and Wicks for a full game. Cory as the sub. However all this depends on the matchups required for Richmond.
    "Play like you can’t lose."

Couldn't agree more! interesting to note in the 2s game Ladhams spent nearly all the game time fwd and finished with 4 could of been 7 - I think they are training him for a fwd role and I believe Amartey should have a spell in the 2s to really get some form and get some real self-belief

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Agree with you on Mitchell. Good opportunity to bring him in for the gather round game against WCE

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Good Ladhams, in form, is terrific. Bad Ladhams, in form, is a worry. However, based on comments by posters who have followed his work over the past month or so suggest he is ready and deserving a run in the firsts. Amarty, to me still lacks confidence and four-quarter form. He has had some moments and taken some critical marks over the past month but leaves me unsure. Reid? Still a tease for me.

I would include Robbie Fox if fit, and Wicks for a full game. Cory as the sub. However all this depends on the matchups required for Richmond.
    Ladhams last spell in the Snrs was when he did his ankle. Would have still been playing if he didnt.

He wasnt doing the silly things he previously did, very mobile and skilled for a big man.

People need to get past his brain fades, he is 26.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast