Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 3 Pre-Match Thread, vs Richmond at MCG, 4 PM Sunday 31 March 2024

Senior Player

Rnd 3 Pre-Match Thread, vs Richmond at MCG, 4 PM Sunday 31 March 2024

Chance to go 4-0 up when we play the Tigers who beat us last time we played them in July 2023.

They were spanked by Port so may come out firing.

Florent was a bit down last game, and Lloyd has been shaky most of this season.

But with Cunningham out, we will probably want his experience. Hopefully Fox is good to go, but we also have some players doing well in the VFL (thanks for the updates Deja, and Ruck'n'Roll!) who could get the call up.

Unlikely anyone will be dropped, given we won. Corey Warner only got 11 disposals, but he tried hard, and had three shots at goal, so I would be happy to see him get another game. I'd like to see Ladhams get a game given how he has been playing well in the VFL and would also be more involved in the game for longer than Amartey (yes, he kicked two great goals, and took one great mark, but he only had five disposals for the day, and has had the least time on ground first two matches, and only slightly more than Corey Warner on the weekend).

Anyway...

Out: Cunningham (injured)
    In: Fox (if recovered, otherwise Caleb Mitchell?)

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Yes, love Amartey but his lack of contributions around the ground is beginning to grate.

The top sides will exploit that.

Ladhams had a good game in the reserves.

Maybe also time to blood a newbie; there were a couple showing really good signs ovefr the weekend!
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Yes, love Amartey but his lack of contributions around the ground is beginning to grate.

The top sides will exploit that.

Ladhams had a good game in the reserves.

Maybe also time to blood a newbie; there were a couple showing really good signs ovefr the weekend!
    Inclined to blood a newbie or two against WC the following match.
    Also love Amartey, but it would definitely be worth giving Ladhams a game.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ladhams cant do much more, deserves a start.
    Grundy been great but had spells where he was getting beaten well by Draper.

Wicks and Warner could probably be swapped out for others at the lower level that found heaps of it.

Give Fox another week, 1 week for a calf is a risk.

Ladhams in for Amartey.

Am surprised at all the Ladhams love. He is incredibly average, has poor discipline and suited to the VFL. Only there for a backup if Grundy goes down.

Senior Player
    Agree. Leave the structure as is.

Please, please not Ladhams v Richmond.
    He was a liability when he played last year. His decision making is slow and when we are lauding Grundy for his impact over the course of the game, we do not need him interfering with a mobile and fast moving transition match strategy.
    His kicking for goal is always problematic at best. Hence, he cannot be selected purely as a forward. This means we have him either working off the bench or playing him as a resting ruckman. Give me Armartey in that role.
    I

Speaking of VFL. I really liked
    Mitchell’s game and Konstanty was also more valuable the longer the game went.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    You clearly did not watch his game against Brisbane ( practice match) or the VFL game on the weekend. You have to reward effort and keep the pressure on those in the team that are not playing well.
    I like Armartey, but he is a still at the development stage. He needs to perform but is still at the work in progress stage. Love to be proved wrong, and hopefully he will learn from this.
    At this stage Ladhams would add more value in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Am surprised at all the Ladhams love. He is incredibly average, has poor discipline and suited to the VFL. Only there for a backup if Grundy goes down.
    I think at worse he's and upgrade on Amartey and Definity a worth an experiment - for what its worth his preseason and VFL form suggests he's been working hard on his game

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    I think at worse he's and upgrade on Amartey and Definity a worth an experiment - for what its worth his preseason and VFL form suggests he's been working hard on his game
    Young Amartey has a way to go- maybe he needs to gain more confidence at the lower level, though it’s hard to change a winning team. Ladhams will get his chance against the Eagles. Give Robbie another week and bring in a newbie for Harry. Corey interchange with Wicks the sub.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast