Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AHamilton, Sheppard guilty of drug possession - two match AFLW suspension

Senior Player
    I’m with Brandon Jack, I’m not that fussed about it.

If we sacked all of the players who used cocaine we would only have a handful of the squad remaining

It’s interesting though that the vitriol that was poured upon Michael Talia is absent for the girls (the big cat aside)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I guess they'll get suspended for a year or two like the bloke at Melbourne. They'll live, and the game will go on without them.
    No they won't....the guy at Melbourne got caught on a game day....and he was dealing.

They will get a rap on the knuckles like Ginnivan did....and fair enough too.

On the veteran's list
    As an ex teacher, I get sick and tired of the ‘everyone else is doing it’ excuse. And I get equally annoyed at the reasoning that you can’t have fun without being on something, and that includes alcohol. And to put it in a football context (quoting Terry Wallace) needing drugs to enjoy a social event or music concert or festival makes me want to throw up. This time to quote the great Ronald Dale - weak as p@ss.

Veterans List
    Alexia Hamilton and Paige Sheppard have both been suspended for 2 matches.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    LexiH and Paige Sheppard have been sentenced for posessiong cocaine - 12 months good behaviour.

The AFLW have suspended the nitwits for only two matches - because "AFLW players are not currently subject to the AFL's Illicit Drug Policy framework that men's players are subject to."

Sydney Swans AFLW players Lexi Hamilton and Paige Sheppard found guilty of drug possession after being charged by police

I haven't seen anything about either player being under contract for next season yet, but there is no suggestion the Swans will take this matter any further in this Sydney Swans statement – player sanctions -
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 27th March 2024 at 04:29 AM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    The Girls will do anything to get on the main board at RWO.
    Does i'm-uninformed2 know there's an AFLW board on RWO? Does anyone? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Does i'm-uninformed2 know there's an AFLW board on RWO? Does anyone? :-)
    We're a rare breed R&R.

Maybe the Mods could move the entire thread, a sort of main board 'First Fleet' colonisation of the Terra Nuillis that is the AFLW board?

Welcome to the AFLW board
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 27th March 2024 at 06:04 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Are you serious? Who cares?

They were having a bit of fun, and it was out of season. Regardless - and trust me - there's nothing performance-enhancing about it. The idea of running around a game of footy with a coke hangover ain't appealing.
    If they were in the AFL squad, it's likely we'd be hearing the last of them. I'm not advocating their dismissal but there can be a whiff of hypocrisy (a la Sam Kerr) when different treatment gets handed out to the women (though the AFL sanction of 2 games is arguably stronger than that received by Smith and other recent male offenders).

In any event, strong statement from the club and let's hope it's a lesson learned.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    If they were in the AFL squad, it's likely we'd be hearing the last of them. I'm not advocating their dismissal but there can be a whiff of hypocrisy (a la Sam Kerr) when different treatment gets handed out to the women (though the AFL sanction of 2 games is arguably stronger than that received by Smith and other recent male offenders).

In any event, strong statement from the club and let's hope it's a lesson learned.
    Funny, I thought the cries of hypocrisy re: Sam Kerr was because of the 'reverse racism' myth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12