Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 3: the other games.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It is absolutely pouring here now. Glad I'm undercover!

But are you going to wait until play resumes after the weather break?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    But are you going to wait until play resumes after the weather break?
    Yes but only because my brother is a Geelong supporter. Play is going to resume 6:11pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The game has been suspended for 20 minutes because of the weather. I've never seen this happen before.
    There was the final back in 2004, that I think of as the shake down the thunder final. We gave West Coast a bit of a thrashing, but IIRC, the game was delayed by about twenty minutes, due to a severe storm over Homebush.

I never thought I’d see the day I’d say this, but the Hawks got a very rum deal from the umpires in that match. There were at least three legitimate high tackles on Ginnivan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    There was the final back in 2004, that I think of as the shake down the thunder final. We gave West Coast a bit of a thrashing, but IIRC, the game was delayed by about twenty minutes, due to a severe storm over Homebush.
    Happened several years ago in an early round match Swans v GWS at their Homebush ground. Play was suspended for maybe 30 minutes due to lightning . I think lightning actually hit the stadium roof once. Certainly the clap of thunder was scary. I was under cover but that wasn’t very reassuring …

And we were thumped which didn’t improve the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Happened several years ago in an early round match Swans v GWS at their Homebush ground. Play was suspended for maybe 30 minutes due to lightning.
    That was a memorable game, R1 2014. Buddy's debut for the Swans (just the 1.1) and the first derby win for GWS, who seemed to regroup better after the weather break.

One of the lighting towers took a direct lightning strike and I believe something fell from it - it was pretty impressive!

Somewhere in the footage I appear, several rows back, grinning as Heath Grundy takes a great one-hander. I always remember the bloke in front of me who sat stoically through the whole thing, so drenched he looked like he'd jumped in a pool.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234