Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Coaches votes for the game.

9 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
    9 Errol Gulden (SYD)
    6 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
    3 Jeremy McGovern (WCE)
    2 Liam Duggan (WCE)
    1 Jayden Hunt (WCE)
    This is consistent with my reflections on the game, which were that moments of brilliance from Gulden and Heeney turned the game in our favour and were the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It'd be nuts to play Mills anywhere but midfield when he's back. It's his best position - as evidenced by just how good he was in '21 and '22 when he played full seasons in there. When the whips get cracking in big finals, you need some hard heads in the middle. This is no knock on Jordon - who's been solid, if unspectacular, and run out games well - but Mills simply takes his spot right now. It's not about displacing Heeney at all. It's about building up the complement of elite midfielders - and that's what Mills is.
    Absolutely.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes, self confidence is one thing (and essential to make it as an elite AFL player). Arrogance so early in his career is another. It grated me —though I know other AFL fans will applaud it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Since he was drafted he has been in the papers practically everyday over in Perth. The day before his first match, his sponsor, (Puma I think), took out a full page ad in the paper wishing him luck. That's alot of pressure.

I've only seen him play one match, but you're right, there does seem to be a bit of arrogance. And his constant bewilderment when he gave away a free has to stop.

The constant gushing over him by the commentators was annoying, especially when there were more deserving players for the Eagles on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Since he was drafted he has been in the papers practically everyday over in Perth. The day before his first match, his sponsor, (Puma I think), took out a full page ad in the paper wishing him luck. That's alot of pressure.

I've only seen him play one match, but you're right, there does seem to be a bit of arrogance. And his constant bewilderment when he gave away a free has to stop.

The constant gushing over him by the commentators was annoying, especially when there were more deserving players for the Eagles on the day.
    Agree. Elliot Yeo played a terrific game for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    People's ratings of West Coast are coloured by last year when they were practically fielding a reserves side.They have a number of A Graders fit now that weren't playing last year. Whilst they remain fit they won't be pushovers.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I get a bit annoyed at people’s assertions about the “Wicks situation”. We know nothing, in spite of some on here who claim to have inside knowledge. And I’d say whatever happened has probably had zero impact on the team’s performances. Wicks is a fringe player at best and he doesn’t appear from other players’ reactions on the field as being the most loved bloke on the list. I suspect his omission last week was poor form more than anything else.
    I understand and respect your point however I have been on this board for a very long time and have no history in making false claims of inside knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

Harley got the veterans going. His 2nd quarter inspired the whole team.

It’s attitude not arrogance. Papley is like Reid and the Swans fans love it.

It’s going to be a joy for the AFL community watching Harley play. He’s got the breakaway speed of Chad and the power of Dusty. Put those two great players together and you get Harley.

I’ve never seen an 18 year old overpowerer so many mature AFL players.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011