Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 6 pre-match thread - Swans v Suns, SCG, Sunday 21 April

Senior Player

Rd 6 pre-match thread - Swans v Suns, SCG, Sunday 21 April

In good news, it looks like Parker and Sheldrick will be a test for this game. Sheldrick will surely come back through the VFL (v Suns, Sunday at 0905 on the SCG). However, if he's fit, expect Parker to come straight back in, possibly as captain!

Medical room: The full AFL injury list, R5 - Medical room: The full AFL injury list, R5.

Parker back would be handy. I would bring him in, move Jordan to sub and drop Mitchell.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Great that Parker is back; but should he be in the centre? He has absolutely no speed which has hurt us before.

Campbell has been a total bust in the backline.

It’s time we move him to the forward lines, see if his huge kick can bring rewards.

Papley has been really done in the last few weeks; is he carrying an injury?

If not, something needs to change, we can't carry him and Amartey in the forward line.

We are in a good position on the ladder, but we need to throw sensitivity to the wind.

Players who are not performing need to be dropped.

We are in a good position on the ladder but we need to throw senitatity
    doof-doof

Senior Player
    Sentimentality? Heeney can't be moved but does it affect balance? Parker and Adams are similar players. Interesting selection coming up. We don't want to sacrifice pace so we can play both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Sentimentality? Heeney can't be moved but does it affect balance? Parker and Adams are similar players. Interesting selection coming up. We don't want to sacrifice pace so we can play both of them.
    We will be and we are just going to have to learn to manage there strengths and weaknesses, no way both wont play when fit. (not saying I agree, just cant see Sydney recruiting someone like Adams not play him, like wise LP will not play 2s while hes still contributing)

Senior Player
    Maybe injuries will take care of potential problem. Long season.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Parker back would be handy. I would bring him in, move Jordan to sub and drop Mitchell.
    I think Jordan's pace has been a very important facet of our new mid mix. He plays a two role game, pacy mid & defensive mid. He has managed to tag a few players and make their lives very difficult. Luke is coming off a long layoff. I do not want to see him in the midfield or even on the field for a full game. I would like to see him play 40-50 minutes first up. He is not going to be match fit. There is a huge difference between training fit & match fit. Either he Subs or is subbed out mid match. Mitchell will go out, no doubt about that. Longmire was loathe to play Wicks last game. I wonder of the Conflict Resolution had taken place? If not, that is probably why. If so, then there are still issues. I m hoping he can play too & the drama is behind the players. The shockwaves an incident, no matter how trivial it seems, can make to a club is astounding. After a biffo at training one club lost the next 3 matches.

Playing the Suns means Rowell and Anderson are the prime inside mids. I don't think either are exceptionally fast but both are contested beasts. No doubt row bottom will have one in his sights, but an Adams or Parker would be handy for the other.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Apparently Horse said at his presser this morning that Parker is another week away.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Apparently Horse said at his presser this morning that Parker is another week away.
    I wonder if that means half a game or so in the VFL? I suppose he must have played in the reserves in his younger days, but I can't really recall him doing so?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I wonder if that means half a game or so in the VFL? I suppose he must have played in the reserves in his younger days, but I can't really recall him doing so?
    Parker and Hanneberry were both players who were putting up big performances in the NEAFL way back when. You just knew they were going to be stars.

Parker likely to have a limited run in the ressies before a full senior return?

The good thing is that right now there's no need to rush anyone back from injury.

Suns are a danger game!

I think we’ll win on Sunday, but it will be the last time we beat Gold Coast for the next 5 years. Their young talent is extraordinary and Hardwick is rejuvenated.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast