Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 6: the other games.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Having just looked at the radar, I'm now interested in who will win, in the clash between the much vaunted drainage of modern football grounds and the rain bomb now descending on Brisbane.

Warming the Bench redstarforever's Avatar
    well that was a monster display from carlton

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Harley Reid is putting on quite the show. Took a mark 10m out reminiscent of one of the marks he took in the goal square in the u18 final when he announced his arrival. Just a pure bull at the contest

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    While the WA derby might not be so one-sided, with the Eagles finally starting to show a bit of form.
    The WA derby has been one-sided so far, just not in the way that you were expecting. Eagles 52 Fremantle 15 late in the first half.

Rather than Sydney's effort against them being relatively poor, West Coast's effort in that match was quite good. On this form, they won't be in the bottom four at the end of the season.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    The WA derby has been one-sided so far, just not in the way that you were expecting. Eagles 52 Fremantle 15 late in the first half.

Rather than Sydney's effort against them being relatively poor, West Coast's effort in that match was quite good. On this form, they won't be in the bottom four at the end of the season.
    Yes, maybe our effort against them wasn't as sub-par as we thought! (Still a half to go, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Yes, maybe our effort against them wasn't as sub-par as we thought! (Still a half to go, though.)
    Given the score at 3/4 time, our effort was definitely NOT subpar!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Looking over the Eagles' fixture, they've had a few hard games.

Round 1: Port Adelaide away, 50 point loss.
    Round 2: GWS home, 65 point loss.
    Round 3: Bulldogs away, 76 point loss.
    Round 4: Sydney home, 26 point loss.
    Round 5: Richmond home, 39 point win.
    Round 6: Fremantle home, 37 point win.

All four of their losses were to teams in the top 8. (It can be argued that the Bulldogs would not be in the top 8 had they not beaten the Eagles by 13 goals.)

The only real weakness they have is they have not won a fourth quarter in any match so far.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post

They won't be close to bottom four unless the injury curse revisits.

I do wonder what the long term effect will be on them, though. They are getting significant contributions from the likes of Yeo, Darling, Cripps, Kelly, McGovern, Barrass. That's not surprising. They are quality players. But, Reid aside, it's hard to tell how much genuine star power there is amongst their younger players.

I do think they're set for a forward line into the medium future, though. Waterman (25yo) has been great this year, Maric and Jack Williams look very promising, and of course there's Allen to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

I do wonder what the long term effect will be on them, though. They are getting significant contributions from the likes of Yeo, Darling, Cripps, Kelly, McGovern, Barrass. That's not surprising. They are quality players. But, Reid aside, it's hard to tell how much genuine star power there is amongst their younger players.

I do think they're set for a forward line into the medium future, though. Waterman (25yo) has been great this year, Maric and Jack Williams look very promising, and of course there's Allen to come back.
    I thought Ginbey looked very promising as well. He and Reid will be a pretty solid duo in the midfield.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Spot on, they’re a mile off their long term needs. They’ve got barely anyone in the 23-28 age range. Allan and Barrass are excellent, then a couple of plodders in Duggan and Cole. Compare to that what we had in 2020 and 21: Mills, Paps and Heeney as A graders, then Ollie, Hayward Lloyd and Cunningham as solid citizens.

I do like Reid and Gibney enormously Cheesher has potential, and they’ve got some good role players like Williams, Hough and Long. But that’s it. It’s a long way from the group we had in Chad, McCartin, McDonald, Gulden, Rowie, McInerney, Blakey etc.

Mind you, there is always the dumb luck element to this. Norf knocking over the Suns late last year gifted Reid to WC, and Paps poor goal kicking in the final game of 2020 meant we were able to claim McDonald.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Having just looked at the radar, I'm now interested in who will win, in the clash between the much vaunted drainage of modern football grounds and the rain bomb now descending on Brisbane.
    Watched a fair bit of the game. Brisbane had heaps of the play but tried to play dry weather football all night and often turned it over. Geelong played smarter but Lions beat themselves to a large degree.

I’ve been going on about how Harley Reid is a combination of Chad and Dusty. Harley now is also a combination of Issac Heeney with his marking. He’s blockbuster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast