Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Hawks.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Yes, high fives all round and friendly words from Rowbottom were apparent on the TV coverage. Not sure I'd class TikTok as an authoritative source for anything.
    TikTok - Make Your Day

This is not an authoritative source like Kane Cornes but it’s still a thought provoking piece of media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Yes, high fives all round and friendly words from Rowbottom were apparent on the TV coverage. Not sure I'd class TikTok as an authoritative source for anything.
    TikTok - Make Your Day

This is not an authoritative source like Kane Cornes but it’s still a thought provoking piece of media.

Veterans List
    Danger game? Blew that one away. Very satisfying to put Hawks back in their box after their high last week of beating Norf.

We've played three of the four locks for bottom four, HTF did we lose to Richmond? Serious test this week, flag favourites GWS with Toby, Cogs and Taylor back.

Take the win, enjoy the replay, agonise over selection, GWS test should be a cracker.

Veterans List
    Attendance was 38052. I am guessing half of those were Swans supporters. Amazing how the Hawthorn supporters have dropped right off. I wonder how their membership numbers are going. With money a bit tight I suspect all those dogs, cats and budgies haven't renewed their membership. Looked like a lot of them left early to beat the traffic and catch the empty trains.

Veterans List
    I thought Harry Cunningham looked much better and was sharp right from the start. Lloyd also played better. I was really impressed by Logan McDonald this week. 3 goals and a couple of goal assists and again he goaled out of a pack close in.

Was that Melican's best game? He was very assured with ball in hand.
    Roberts gets better each game.
    Every game Gulden amazes.
    Liked the game of Wicks.
    Heeney is looking like the superstar we have been waiting for. Outstanding, looked like he played in first gear.
    Ollie is flying.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Attendance was 38052. I am guessing half of those were Swans supporters. Amazing how the Hawthorn supporters have dropped right off. I wonder how their membership numbers are going. With money a bit tight I suspect all those dogs, cats and budgies haven't renewed their membership. Looked like a lot of them left early to beat the traffic and catch the empty trains.
    I have Melbourne supporting friends who are MCC members and go to just about every game at the MCG, whether the Dees are playing or not. They were at our game and texted me at the start of the match to say they reckon Swans fans made up 50% of the crowd.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Was that Melican's best game? He was very assured with ball in hand.
    It was very good, wasn't it.

I still have a vivid memory of a late season game in Nick Riewoldt's final season ('17 or '18?). Lewis wouldn't have played more than a dozen games, and Riewoldt hadn't made a call on whether it was going to be his final season. I say this respectfully as Riewoldt was a champion, but Lewis gave him a bath that night and I reckon you could see Riewoldt's mind turning over and knowing it was done.

A permanently fit Lewis Melican would have had a very solid career. Fingers crossed, he now stays healtihy.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Coaches votes for the game. They seem to reflect the evenness of the contributions. But Isaac is still a good chance to pick up three Brownlow votes.

7 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
    5 Errol Gulden (SYD)
    5 Oliver Florent (SYD)
    5 Nick Blakey (SYD)
    5 Chad Warner (SYD)
    2 Dylan Moore (HAW)
    1 Logan McDonald (SYD)

Interesting distribution. Must have been a combination of 4-3, 5-0, 0-5, 1-4, 3-2, 2-0 and 0-1

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Coaches votes for the game. They seem to reflect the evenness of the contributions. But Isaac is still a good chance to pick up three Brownlow votes.

7 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
    5 Errol Gulden (SYD)
    5 Oliver Florent (SYD)
    5 Nick Blakey (SYD)
    5 Chad Warner (SYD)
    2 Dylan Moore (HAW)
    1 Logan McDonald (SYD)

Interesting distribution. Must have been a combination of 4-3, 5-0, 0-5, 1-4, 3-2, 2-0 and 0-1
    Main leader board....I've copied it down to Blakey. Heens well in front.

LEADERBOARD
    54 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
    37 Zach Merrett (ESS)
    33 Max Gawn (MELB)
    32 Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
    32 Caleb Serong (FRE)
    31 Tom Green (GWS)
    28 Matt Rowell (GCFC)
    27 Noah Anderson (GCFC)
    27 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
    27 Errol Gulden (SYD)
    27 Gryan Miers (GEEL)
    27 Elliot Yeo (WCE)
    25 Christian Petracca (MELB)
    24 Zak Butters (PORT)
    24 Connor Rozee (PORT)
    23 Harry McKay (CARL)
    20 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
    20 Nick Daicos (COLL)
    19 Nick Blakey (SYD)

Coaches' votes, R7: Six perfect 10s, star Swan Isaac Heeney on record pace

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    What the hell is happening with the crowd. 38,000 on a good day for two popular teams.

Should be an enquiry and alarm bells ringing at the AFL.
    I agree it was disappointing. I reserved my seat and interestingly there were a lot of empty seats in my bay and the one next door. It wasn't just a couple here and there, it was multiple seats. So tickets were purchased and for some reason they didn't attend the game.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I agree it was disappointing. I reserved my seat and interestingly there were a lot of empty seats in my bay and the one next door. It wasn't just a couple here and there, it was multiple seats. So tickets were purchased and for some reason they didn't attend the game.
    The AFL needs to have a behind the scene Netflix show modeled on the F1s “Drive to Survive”. We need cameras everywhere. We need coaches swearing, going off at players, need the Sam Wicks drama ,Harley Read going for a walk in Perth and Mad Monday Vegas parties”. You could call it “Kick to Survive”. Imagine how much more attendance you could get if the show took off like “Drive to Survive”. Let the inner sanctum go and everyone makes more money.

I reckon Longmire would become the Gunther Steiner of the series.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It was very good, wasn't it.

I still have a vivid memory of a late season game in Nick Riewoldt's final season ('17 or '18?). Lewis wouldn't have played more than a dozen games, and Riewoldt hadn't made a call on whether it was going to be his final season. I say this respectfully as Riewoldt was a champion, but Lewis gave him a bath that night and I reckon you could see Riewoldt's mind turning over and knowing it was done.

A permanently fit Lewis Melican would have had a very solid career. Fingers crossed, he now stays healtihy.
    Lewis gets the most out of himself every game. His effort is very consistent. I'm really pleased for him.

By the way, Mabior Chol got a week for striking Errol, in the incident that led to the Hardwick goal being disallowed. While Chad was fined for rough conduct involving Will Day. I suspect it was the moderately forceful back slam tackle, early in the the third quarter.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast