Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Swans v Hawks.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries

Amartey

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Well we have the highest percentage by a wide margin. Doing well, Swannies. Who goes to make room for Parker, Mills and Rampe?
    Bit dissappointed in some of Amartey's efforts today. Would it be worthwhile to gamble with Luke Parker in that forward position?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    The 4 o’clock Sunday starting time has been an issue for years for all clubs and nothing has changed.
    Was at the game. Lots of Swans supporters there. Lloyd was very good today , especially early when Hawks pressure was high.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Bit dissappointed in some of Amartey's efforts today. Would it be worthwhile to gamble with Luke Parker in that forward position?
    Parker will likely come straight back in after his stellar game in the reserves.....34 possessions, 6 tackles (a good sign after a broken arm) and 7 clearances.

Amartey might be due a rest. He was great last week but had an interview and an article written about him in the AFL website this week about really finding his feet at this level and after that it was almost a gimme he would have a quiet one today.

A more than satisfactory win although Horse appeared less than (completely) happy with it .
    Lizard was pretty lacksadaisical early but came good.
    Guldon has the most remarkable vision ahead and phenomenal skill to execute to a target even 45-55m away and his kicks take such a brilliant trajectory, often low, forceful and probing right to his man.
    Its a thing of beauty and class.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    A funny game given how poor the opposition were. (Boy, they are years away from it and have probably nailed McKenzie and Weddle as recent draft picks, and that’s it.) But we were clean, chock full of pressure and did it easily despite never really getting out of third gear.

Ollie, Heeney and Warner probably 3-2-1 for me. The double act of Ollie and Blakey bouncing out of defence and through the middle of the ground is a sight to see. Our run was helped by the fact that it was probably Lloyd’s best game of the year, and I say that as someone who’s been dubious about his form this year.

As for Warner, that’s the best defensive game he’s played. He was ferocious at the tackle and it adds a whole new dimension to his game. All credit to him. It’s never been his one wood and he was brilliant today.

McCartin and Melican weren’t against much, but were fantastic. It was probably the most all round game Logan has played. And Jordon is making it exceptionally difficult for him to be the one squeezed out when Parker and Mills return.

And meant to say, loved Wicks’ game. There were three or four times when he simply got a hand in to scruff or release the ball from an opposition defender who was trying to start the spread from the contest.

We’ve got a big five or six weeks ahead with a tougher draw, but you can’t ask for anything more to date.
    Yep. We didn't beat much but it was a 78 point away win. And it was the Hawks we beat! I'm VERY, VERY satisfied with that!

GO BLOODS!

Pushing for Selection
    There is a Tik Tok doing the rounds titled “Frosty in Sydney” which shows in clear vision how not one Swans player went to congratulate Sam Wicks for his second goal. We are still not sure what went on but I find the vision quite distasteful. It’s quite triggering for me as I had times as school when I was on the outer and used to eat my lunch alone. I feel that Wicks is in the same boat.

I really like Sam Wicks as a player and hope this stuff stops.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post
    There is a Tik Tok doing the rounds titled “Frosty in Sydney” which shows in clear vision how not one Swans player went to congratulate Sam Wicks for his second goal. We are still not sure what went on but I find the vision quite distasteful. It’s quite triggering for me as I had times as school when I was on the outer and used to eat my lunch alone. I feel that Wicks is in the same boat.

He got plenty of congrats after his first goal. Not sure it’s an issue
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    The 4 o’clock Sunday starting time has been an issue for years for all clubs and nothing has changed.
    From prospective attendee perspect, only one pro, light traffic to and from the game.

Many cons.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    He got plenty of congrats after his first goal. Not sure it’s an issue
    Yes, high fives all round and friendly words from Rowbottom were apparent on the TV coverage. Not sure I'd class TikTok as an authoritative source for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Yes, high fives all round and friendly words from Rowbottom were apparent on the TV coverage. Not sure I'd class TikTok as an authoritative source for anything.
    Although, I am a little bit tempted to try to turn this into the Victory Dance of the Soaring Swans *

かもめが翔んだ〜 #アバンギャルディ #avantgardey - YouTube

* Actually seagulls.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Although, I am a little bit tempted to try to turn this into the Victory Dance of the Soaring Swans *

かもめが翔んだ〜 #アバンギャルディ #avantgardey - YouTube

* Actually seagulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trever View Post

Not sure there is a issue anymore (I really don’t know ) but these things happen at footy clubs all the time, even at local footy we had our issues and it always sorted itself out - Wicks played his role last 2 weeks and always will be fighting for his spot.

Regular in the Side
    maybe it Harry this week if parks fit, then although not bad J Mc does some silly things like he did to gove the first gaol of the game away. An eakier post agrees with me. After harry maybe llyod (his kicking in is no longer needed with roberts their then i am not sure who sis next but maybe braedan needs a full game in the reserves.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast