Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 8 vs GWS at the SCG on Saturday May 4th at 1:45pm 2024.

Fox Ramps and Melican is enough Tall cover with Blakey 3rd man up.

Frederick is a big key to them, links the Mids to the Fwds, need to be all over him. Covers alot of ground

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    WA papers already talking about Sheldrick for West Coast
    Will only get louder if he stays in the 2s
    Who comes out for him? And I reckon you are right he’d be right on WCE radar (think he will be a jet)

Ladhams Amartey
    Parker Wicks
    Campbell Harry
    Sheldrick Lloyd

All our mids can go fwd, so they can cover Wicks

Ramps and Fox do the Lockdowns

Ladhams Amartey
    Parker Wicks
    Campbell Harry
    Sheldrick Lloyd

All our mids can go fwd, so they can cover Wicks

Ramps and Fox do the Lockdowns
    that's a lot of changes from a winning side, is this something you would do all at once or stagger it ? I am not sure we want to lose so much experience all at once, but I do agree we do need to look at transitioning some of the older guys to other roles or into the seconds.

I think with our more experienced and now "less important" players like Lloyd, Cunningham, even Rampe and Parker, we should be doing more of what Geelong do, "Managing" them out every few weeks, giving some younger guys a taste of senior footy and building up our depth, whilst hopefully prolonging the older guys careers a couple of years by playing 17-18 games a season rather than 22+

Quote Originally Posted by ISIBIDBI View Post
    I think with our more experienced and now "less important" players like Lloyd, Cunningham, even Rampe and Parker, we should be doing more of what Geelong do, "Managing" them out every few weeks, giving some younger guys a taste of senior footy and building up our depth, whilst hopefully prolonging the older guys careers a couple of years by playing 17-18 games a season rather than 22+
    I think there is some merit in doing something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Dow View Post
    that's a lot of changes from a winning side, is this something you would do all at once or stagger it ? I am not sure we want to lose so much experience all at once, but I do agree we do need to look at transitioning some of the older guys to other roles or into the seconds.
    Yeah too many all at once, thats is just how i see it.

Clearly there is no rush to move out Amartey, Cunningham is doing what professionals do, a job when called up.

I just think they arent the future and Campbell and Sheldrick are too good and have too much upsize to not be playing.

I put Wicks in that category, doing a job when called upon but not in the 22.

Parker has to come in to play on Fyfe.

Hayward, Paps and the mids can apply pressure fwd with Wicks out.

- - - Updated - - -

and again, its would be alot of changes at once cos Amartey wasnt dealt with a month ago.

Regular in the Side
    I just don't get the obsession with changing a winning side.
    We are the most heavily scoring team in the competition, sitting on top of the ladder with an excellent percentage. So lets muck around with the forward structure???
    I get that Amartey is the least effective of the big 3, but to retain our very effective structure you would want to replace him with the tall who is kicking all the goals in the 2's - so Hamling? Or you bring in the best small, but unfortunately Lugsdin hasn't been drafted yet. Or you go like an All-Australian selector and shove in an extra midfielder. None of those options appeal to me.
    I do like the idea of Geelong-style rotations, and two six day breaks and a flight to Perth might be the time to consider it, but I would be happy if the big news on Thursday night is No Change.

Yeah, there WILL be a change this week, but I wouldn't be surprised if Francis for McCartin is the only change. Jackson, Treacy and Amiss are all big boys, so I would prefer another big body to support Melican.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I just don't get the obsession with changing a winning side.
    We are the most heavily scoring team in the competition, sitting on top of the ladder with an excellent percentage. So lets muck around with the forward structure???
    I get that Amartey is the least effective of the big 3, but to retain our very effective structure you would want to replace him with the tall who is kicking all the goals in the 2's - so Hamling? Or you bring in the best small, but unfortunately Lugsdin hasn't been drafted yet. Or you go like an All-Australian selector and shove in an extra midfielder. None of those options appeal to me.
    I do like the idea of Geelong-style rotations, and two six day breaks and a flight to Perth might be the time to consider it, but I would be happy if the big news on Thursday night is No Change.

Yeah, there WILL be a change this week, but I wouldn't be surprised if Francis for McCartin is the only change. Jackson, Treacy and Amiss are all big boys, so I would prefer another big body to support Melican.
    Agree. And if Fyfe and Darcy play, they might also place their big bodies in the forward line, for a little bit of time, too.

You're probably right with Francis, as he has been very good in the VFL recently, and it's probably a fair reward for him buckling down. Though there might be some temptation to give a debut to Edwards. He's also been in excellent VFL form, and being an 197cm 20 year old, he does have more scope to develop into a long-term prospect.

Ladhams for Amartey
    Mclean permanent fwd

The rest are long term planning
    Would prefer to see Campbell and Sheldrick over others.

Its hard to argue we arent better with a fit Luke Parker in the team

Ladhams for Amartey
    Mclean permanent fwd

The rest are long term planning
    Would prefer to see Campbell and Sheldrick over others.

Its hard to argue we arent better with a fit Luke Parker in the team
    I’d argue we exceeded expectations on Saturday without Parker in the team (and with Amartey in etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’d argue we exceeded expectations on Saturday without Parker in the team (and with Amartey in etc)
    Doesnt that prove my point ?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast