Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 8 vs GWS at the SCG on Saturday May 4th at 1:45pm 2024.

Veterans List

Rnd 8 vs GWS at the SCG on Saturday May 4th at 1:45pm 2024.

Ok....let's send these upstarts packing:

'They're a bit smug': Greater Western Sydney star Sam Taylor lights fuse ahead of derby

In: Parker (to play forward).

Out: Amartey (managed) or VFL.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Sam Taylor hasn't recovered from his concussion, I see.

If Parker is to return, it'll likely be Campbell out. I personally wouldn't mind keeping him given the plethora of small and quick runners that GWS, particularly in their forward mix.

But I struggle to see who else goes out. It's not Amartey, as Horse is attached to the three tall structure, knowing that with bench rotations and McLean's time in the ruck, it's only a two tall structure for more than half of each quarter.

It's not Fox, as with Brown, they effectively play four talls down forward, and Fox has been good. It's not Harry given they've got dangerous smalls. It's not Wicks, as he's been good and we will need him to help curtail the Giants' turnover prowess. It's not Jordon, as he's been good and he may get used as a bit of a tagger at some point. And after that . . . . hands up emoji.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Sam Taylor hasn't recovered from his concussion, I see.

Senior Player
    Taylor had a quiet one so they could also have him out managed given his injury history and 6 day break.

I think it should be Amartey for four quarter impact, but as noted, he helps us have two talls up front when one of Grundy/McClean are on the bench.

Could be Wicks but he couldn’t have done much more since he has been back in the team.

I think it will be Parker in for Campbell, with Wicks or Jordon being the sub.

Veterans List
    Taylor has hopefully given us that little bit extra motivation. Let's smash them!

Pushing for Selection
    Out - Cunningham
    In - Parker

Sub - Fox

I’m keeping Campbell in and backing him to play as a small defender in Cunninghams place. More pace and I very penetrating kick that opens up the field.

Parker plays mainly forward but also some midfield minutes.

Don’t you dare move Heeney out of midfield.

Veterans List
    The forecast rain on Friday and Saturday *could* affect selection, e.g. the three forward set-up.

Screenshot via Bureau of Meteorology app.

I wish Rampe was back but it’s hard to see how Parker does not fit in this team.
    That said I am glad that it’s not me having to decide who’s going to miss out on what should be the game of the round (notwithstanding the famous Collingwood v Carlton rivalry that will dominate the parochial Melbourne media).
    I agree that Campbell’s speed and acumen especially with ball in hand more than justifies selection against this fast moving opposition but if the weather as forecast then inside strength and doggedness are the keys to success.
    The ball will need to be won in ground ball contests, this means players like Warner, Rowbottom, Heeney, Parker, Taylor and McInerney are the players that we’ll depend on to wear down the likes of Green 1 and 2, Coniglio, Kelly and the rest of their midfield team.
    Jordon, Campbell, Lloyd, Cunningham and to a lesser degree Florent are important to our game when we’ve won the ball and as such on wet days less valuable.
    The same could be said of the three tall forwards as marks will rarely especially contested ones. Consequently, crumbles like Papley, Wicks, Hayward and whoever is resting down there from the midfield have key roles.
    So who does that leave if Parker comes back in, as he must, for me it should be either Lloyd, Fox or Campbell. Loyalty and experience favour Lloyd so I think Fox is likely to be the unlucky one despite having nothing wrong and been an excellent contributor.
    Wow, all that and all I really needed to say was:

In: Parker
    Out: Fox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    agree in parks out cunnigham out

Senior Player
    Wet

Amartey the obvious omission for Parker

Watched him closely on Sunday and he seems well down on confidence

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you on this if it is wet

Pushing for Selection
    With the forcast for rain, should an Angus Sheldrick be considered along with Parker? Sheldrick is a tough in and under player whom will suit the forcasted wet conditons.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast