Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Match Thread: Swans v GWS at SCG

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    On SEN radio after the game Liam Pickering could not get Chad into the votes. In the Sunday Hun no votes for Chad.

With Blakey not having a great game it was Chad who broke the lines. I thought he was BOG. James Rowbottom was outstanding. That game shows why he polls high in the B&F. His stats show that he had 10 kicks, 11 handballs and 7 tackles. But he was brilliant at stoppages and was first to the footy. I reckon you could add a dozen times that he either got the ball out or keep the ball in at stoppages.
    Was that Hayward's break out game? That's 2 weeks running that he has been well above his career average stats.
    Robbie Fox showed how valuable he is as a swing man. Didn't have a lot of stats but was very solid when he came on.
    There have been a few calling for Lloyd and Cunningham to make way but I thought they were very good down back, and the GWS smalls (including Green) were
    blanketed. Did I see Green give Harry a gut punch?
    The best I have seen our midfield work for a long time.
    Browne on McCartin; very close to deliberate/intentional. He was always going to be second to the footy, Tom took possession as he was hit and Browne had plenty of time to chose to tackle. Minimum 4 weeks. In the paper today they said it was a shoulder but on TV it looked like a full on hit with his bicep.
    I just had Chad as BOG for the same reasons as you but the coaches votes will be fascinating.

I could see 5 next to any of Chad, Errol, Heeney or Hayward, think Grundy deserves some love and given how coaches often view the game, either Rampe or Jordon could pull one or two.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    Were you at the game, because Armatey’s role was clearly to bring the ball to the ground given the conditions so the smaller forwards could pounce on the loose ball, but also with his agility he was able to keep the pressure on Taylor when the ball hit the ground. There is more to it than just basic stat’s. Taylor is a very good footballer and Armartey played a good defensive game on him.
    Was 'who' at the game?

BRS328, please use the "reply with quote" facility so we know who you are replying to. I don't want you to take offence but it's becoming really annoying.

It's really simple to do.....as simple as 'replying'.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. If you can make excuses for Logan on a wet day then you can do the same for Joel.
    It's hardly 'hatred' though.

Joel is serviceable but he's certainly not setting the world on fire.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    A week is a long time in footy, or at least it is for David King - this is what he said a week ago on First Crack:

Speaking on Fox Footy’s First Crack, the two-time North Melbourne premiership player has narrowed down the premiership race to three teams he calls ‘The Disarmers’, ‘The Punishers’ and ‘The Killers’ – Geelong, GWS and Carlton respectively.

“I think it’s a race in three, and I reckon it’s separated pretty quickly,” King begun by saying....

“I just think they’ve (Geelong, GWS and Carlton) got assets that are so superior to the bottom bracket of the eight, or those that are considered contenders.

“Until I see something change dramatically, I won’t move from those three.”
    King is such a putz....and I told him so on the youtube comments when he was asking 'are the Swans relying too much on Heeney?' A serious idiot who underestimates us all the time or just doesn't like us.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I see Green give Harry a gut punch?
    Lloyd was the recipient of Green's frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    King is such a putz....and I told him so on the youtube comments when he was asking 'are the Swans relying too much on Heeney?'
    Did he ask if Richmond relied on Martin too much in their flag years?

Geez, mccartin must be close to giving the game away like his brother, and Brayshaw, and that Collingwood bloke.

In answer to Nico's question about Greene and the gut punch: it was Lloyd that he punched, not Cunningham. Well, unless he also punched Cunningham and I didn't see it. It seems that the usual media suspects think that he should only get a fine, because there wasn't that much force, but I wouldn't mind him getting a week. I mean, it was a closed fist, rather than an open hand, and it was totally unnecessary. Also, with 23 previous suspensions and fines from the tribunal, I don't think he can argue that he doesn't know that he's not supposed to hit people. Nor can he argue that it's out of character.

Brown has just got three weeks for the McCartin hit. Greene a fine for the above mentioned punch. Both a touch lenient in my opinion. While Himmelberg got a fine for tripping Rowbottom.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Brown has just got three weeks for the McCartin hit. Greene a fine for the above mentioned punch. Both a touch lenient in my opinion. While Himmelberg got a fine for tripping Rowbottom.
    Three weeks is soft, GWS should take it and run.

Greene quoted as 'First Offence' - with a record like he's got!

I'm yet to watch the game but got it ready for tonight, then straight to First Crack to hear their opinion. I'll give Bounce a miss, as I usually do LOL

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

I'm yet to watch the game but got it ready for tonight, then straight to First Crack to hear their opinion.
    That might take a minute or two.

Just read the “Nine Things We Learned” segment on the AFL site. Seriously, after what was an outstanding win by the mighty Bloods the whole section from our match is about the Giants. The Swannies don’t even get a mention by name. Extraordinary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Finally watched the game, a joy to watch apart from the McCartin hit.

Saw the crowd figure was 40,000, wow that's huge given the weather. Serious question to those that were there, how much of that crowd were orange people?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Errol scooping the ball up and kicking it in one ( poetic) motion. Charlie beckons.
    What a moment of footy beauty that was. One hand, on to the boot in a step and straight to a target, all on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Finally watched the game, a joy to watch apart from the McCartin hit.

Saw the crowd figure was 40,000, wow that's huge given the weather. Serious question to those that were there, how much of that crowd were orange people?
    It was a terrific game, as someone said a real statement. I thought any of Gulden, Warner, Heeney could have taken the medal. No doubt Green was a big loss for GWS but once the Swans got a run of goals after half-time, it never looked in doubt. Great performances across the board.

The big crowd certainly added to the day, several players acknowledged it after the game and my impression that there were very few GWS supporters, aside from the away fans pocket and a smattering of others throughout the crowd, a few hundred at the very most?

We had a bit of a giggle at their banner. Not to punch down but describing the Swans Victorian heritage is hardly an insult and, well, maybe run it through a spell checker next time.