Thread: Round 8 Match Thread: Swans v GWS at SCG

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    This has to be a real issue for the Giants long term. Of the near 41,000 at the game yesterday I wound suggest at least 40,000 were Swan fans. There was a small group of 200 to 300 in the forward pocket and that was about it based on from where I was sitting in the Brewongle Stand.
    GWS get good crowds to their Canberra games, but is this at the expense of developing their presence in the greater Sydney market. This must be a real concern for the AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    This has to be a real issue for the Giants long term. Of the near 41,000 at the game yesterday I wound suggest at least 40,000 were Swan fans. There was a small group of 200 to 300 in the forward pocket and that was about it based on from where I was sitting in the Brewongle Stand.
    GWS get good crowds to their Canberra games, but is this at the expense of developing their presence in the greater Sydney market. This must be a real concern for the AFL.
    The only way is for them to keep winning and keep generating publicity.
    Really, they've sold out 3 or their 4 games so far. (20k for pies, and 2x 12k at Canberra). Can't do more than that. Good run of home games coming up.