Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: the other games.

The Suns v Cats game was like an under 17s match; it was all see ball, get ball without a bit of pressure. Fine for GC, who could run riot, but surprising from an outfit like Geelong.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Collingwood going to snatch the game from Adelaide? Come on Crows....as much as I dislike them.

PS: Damn! They did.

The Crows got in front and then failed to lock it in .
    How gutted.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The Crows grievance about dodgy umpiring calls at the end of close games will only grow after that too far free call against Rankine. Looked dodgy.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The Crows grievance about dodgy umpiring calls at the end of close games will only grow after that too far free call against Rankine. Looked dodgy.
    It was right on the cusp. I wonder if the umpire didn't see the bounce at the start of his run.

I don't think that free kick was pivotal. Sure, it robbed the Crows of a chance to snatch it in that late scramble, but the kick went to a nest of players, the Pies seemed in control, and would almost certainly have been able to lock the ball away for those final few seconds.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It was right on the cusp. I wonder if the umpire didn't see the bounce at the start of his run.
    Free kicks for travel (running too far) would be easier to adjudicate if the rule was tweaked to a fixed number of steps instead of a distance that the umpire must estimate. 15 steps would be about right.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Free kicks for travel (running too far) would be easier to adjudicate if the rule was tweaked to a fixed number of steps instead of a distance that the umpire must estimate. 15 steps would be about right.
    A couple of analysts on Twitter reckon from the footage that he ran two to two-and-a-half "grass stripes" which are apparently about 9 metres wide. So the right call based on that.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Lions /Tigers is looking nasty!

Average AFL attendance in Sydney for round 10: 22,500

GWS_R10.jpg

Probably still better than the League ?

Can someone please tell me how the @@@@ we lost to Richmond....

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    This is really concerning to me.
    Having been at the SCG on Friday night with 44,000 plus and a great atmosphere, I am wondering whether the time will come that GWS will relocate to the SCG in the hope of building supporter base over the longer term.
    It clearly is not working where they are now.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by BRS328 View Post
    This is really concerning to me.
    Having been at the SCG on Friday night with 44,000 plus and a great atmosphere, I am wondering whether the time will come that GWS will relocate to the SCG in the hope of building supporter base over the longer term.
    It clearly is not working where they are now.
    It’s not the ground. It’s the fact that the club is an invention, a plastic organisation based on zero history playing at a place with little geographical relevance to the area it is supposed to represent and draw new supporters. It was originally supposed to be at Blacktown but I think the players rebelled on that one. Without an historical link to the club you can’t expect the people of Greater Western Sydney to travel halfway across the city to watch something that has no sentimental attraction.

Imagine if the AFL invented Geelong from scratch then allowed them to be based in Frankston. Dead in the water from the get-go. GWS should be sent to Western Sydney rather than trying to be Sydney Swans Lite.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast