Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney V Collingwood 26th June!

can't make it this year

Might be coming up for the Kangas game though
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

thinking about coming up from tassie........as I don't know my way around Sydney what would be the best way to get from the heart of Sydney to the ground?

On the Rookie List
    Train from Central Station to Telstra Stadium.
    WMP

thanks for the reply how often would they leave and how often would they return.......sorry for the vagueness don't know sydney at all have ony ever been to the airport

Originally posted by gloveski
    thanks for the reply how often would they leave and how often would they return.......sorry for the vagueness don't know sydney at all have ony ever been to the airport
    The gloved one, based on the last couple of years you can get a train from Central Station every 7 to 10 minutes from about 2 hours before the game.

Come out early though and soak up all the atmosphere at the only pub out there before the game.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Originally posted by DST
    The gloved one, based on the last couple of years you can get a train from Central Station every 7 to 10 minutes from about 2 hours before the game.
    As it gets closer to game time the trains get less frequent. My last trip there my flight was delayed for four hours and so i was running rather late and had to wait about 20minutes for a train.
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

cheers everyone thanks for your help

Heard on the radio this afternoon they are cutting down on weekend services soon, to pick up the weekday services! Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike CityRail.

Train is your best option definitely... and yes, leave earlier rather than later!

I'm still planning the "SEASON OVER" sign! I'll come down and hand it to the CHEER SQUAD and you guys can hold it up at the end! mwahahahaha

Veterans List
    Also, you'd be far better off getting a train right from the airport if you fly in that afternoon - it's much cheaper - and change at Central. Just look for the signs for trains to Olympic Park (lower number platform than where you get off - often they go from the country train platform) or follow all the red and white. Takes about 10 minutes from airport to city and maybe 20 minutes from Central to Olympic Park.

There's a pub between the train station at the ground and the stadium - called the Novotel and the bar is the Brewery. Food too but overpriced.

A Blood to the bootstraps The Boot's Avatar
    20 minutes walk to my seat on O'Reilly wing.
    Originally posted by Schneidergirl
    I'm still planning the "SEASON OVER" sign! I'll come down and hand it to the CHEER SQUAD and you guys can hold it up at the end! mwahahahaha
    I'm making one too... heh heh ...
    Good men do good deeds. Evil men do evil deeds. But it takes religion for a good man to do evil deeds.

Veteran Site Admin
    If possible, changing at Redfern makes sense. All the OP trains stop at the same platform so you don't have to wander through the maze of tunnels in Central Station, wondering if you can make the next train that leaves in one minute or should aim for the next one which is probably leaving from a platform at the opposite end of the station.

Blog Entries
    Make sure you take plenty of Wooden Spoons to the game!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast