Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seating at Optus Oval

On the Rookie List

Seating at Optus Oval

Anyone know which part of the ground the Swans supporters will be at Optus Oval, or recommendations where to sit?
    Regards,

Boro Boy

Regular in the Side
    Swans members (and probably the public) can sit on the concourse near the goals in front of the Legends stand. You do need to get there at least an hour, if not more, before the game starts. The sun in the eyes can sometimes be a problem late in the game but we haven't had much sun lately so I wouldn't worry. There are usually a lot of Swans supporters in this area so it is quite friendly.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

as anne said, that's the end farthest away from Royal Pde
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

There are only 3500 GA tickets available for games at Optus Oval and those are to be shared with Swans Members and the General Public. The best tip for getting a seat in GA is rocking up to the ground at around midday, as by 1pm all GA tickets are sold out. After that you'll be left with buying a seat which costs extra. So if I was you, either go to Ticketek and book a seat in the Legends Stand or rock up at midday and get a GA ticket. Either way your going to end up sitting near Swans fans.

For the past 2 matches at the ground the Legends Stand has been full of Swans fans (the sea of red you don't see at other games in Melbourne) and pretty much cheering loud.
    Once was, now elsewhere

On the Rookie List
    Robbie - do we have to worry about this process or are we guarenteed a seat through the cheer squad?
    No.1 ticket holder of Nick Davis Fan Club...

Originally posted by Cheer Cheer
    Robbie - do we have to worry about this process or are we guarenteed a seat through the cheer squad?
    You are guarenteed a seat in the Cheer Squad area, like normal. However you must be one of the first 3500 in the ground to get access to your seat. If you turn up early there will be no problems.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Almost Football Legend
    You can pre-book GA tickets (I'll be in Melbourne that weekend, and I've got mine), but you'll still need to get there fairly early to make sure you get a seat near the other Swans fans.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by Norris Lurker
    You can pre-book GA tickets (I'll be in Melbourne that weekend, and I've got mine), but you'll still need to get there fairly early to make sure you get a seat near the other Swans fans.
    Peter Boofhead and I will be coming down by car. We hope to get into the ground by 1ish.

If we pre-book tickets, and some nice person in the CS keeps seats for me, will I have hassles coming in?

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

On the Rookie List

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    Peter Boofhead and I will be coming down by car. We hope to get into the ground by 1ish.

If we pre-book tickets, and some nice person in the CS keeps seats for me, will I have hassles coming in?

JF
    Even if you Prebook tickets there are no guarantees of a seat. Hopefully your friends are big and burly!

Last year I purchased tickets GA tickets, and got into the ground over 1 hour early, and had to stand on centre wing all game.

It seems that Melbourne fans don't mind paying for a seat and not getting one. The previous night we had the same problem at the MCG for Richmond vs Collingwood - GA in the GS Stand, and had to dodge and weave past security guards to get a seat anywhere - missed the entire first quarter!

On the Rookie List
    Thanks everyone. One final question - I need to get back to the airport pretty sharpish after the game - best place to go and catch a taxi?
    Regards,

Boro Boy

Originally posted by Phil Tarbox
    Even if you Prebook tickets there are no guarantees of a seat. Hopefully your friends are big and burly!

Last year I purchased tickets GA tickets, and got into the ground over 1 hour early, and had to stand on centre wing all game.

It seems that Melbourne fans don't mind paying for a seat and not getting one. The previous night we had the same problem at the MCG for Richmond vs Collingwood - GA in the GS Stand, and had to dodge and weave past security guards to get a seat anywhere - missed the entire first quarter!
    Gee you must be a poor seat spotter.

We arrived about 20min before the start and found a couple of seats.

Originally posted by Phil Tarbox

Jules won't have to worry about that, as he has seats in the Cheer Squad, which never has been full at Optus before.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast