Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Club Meet up before Geelong Game & ticket info

Official Club Meet up before Geelong Game & ticket info

"Paste"

Pre- Match Meet Swans v Geelong Sunday 18th July Skilled Stadium

Swans Supporters are invited to a pre- match gathering at__The Barwon Club (109 Moorabool St, South Geelong)._There will be Swans_merchandise available to check out from 11am and meals will be available for some lunch before heading to the game._ Booking for lunch is essential_please contact The Barwon Club on 03 5221 4584.

To assist with numbers attending could you please rsvp to [email protected] or call 03 9867 4146.

Swans v Geelong Tickets
    If you would like to reserve a seat at Skilled Stadium please contact Ticketmaster. Your membership will give you entry into the ground (subject to capacity) however there are only 4000 standing room spaces available and the_rest of the game is ticketed.

"end paste"

I guess that the Sydney based members didn't get this email so I sent a reply to rsvp for about 10 people, The Barwon Club is a couple of minutes walk from my place, and I had already suggested a drink there before the game, but wasn't sure if they opened before 12.
    Last edited by ScottH; 24th April 2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Removed wrong Phone Number for ticketmaster.
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

On the Rookie List
    how far is this place from the ground ?
    also , i will be catching a train from spencer st to geelong , Does anyone which railway station is closest to the ground ( i believe it is geelong south ?) and is this far from the ground ?

Originally posted by GoBloods
    also , i will be catching a train from spencer st to geelong , Does anyone which railway station is closest to the ground ( i believe it is geelong south ?) and is this far from the ground ?
    Geelong South is the nearest station and its right near the ground, in fact you'll see it when you get off.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Originally posted by GoBloods
    also , i will be catching a train from spencer st to geelong ,
    South Geelong Railway Station is the closest, you can't see the ground from the Station but if you're on the right side you'll see it from the train a couple of minutes before you arrive.
    Its about two blocks walk to the ground and the Barwon Club hotel is another couple of blocks past Kardinia Park, towards the river.

More News fron the Melbourne Office

Melbourne members gain FREE GENERAL ADMISSION entry to the ground. Due
    to reconstructions at the ground, on the day there will be only 1500
    General Admission Standing room available. Therefore if you are planning
    to go to the game we recommend you get there early to ensure you are
    permitted entry. Turnstiles open at 10.45am.

If you wish to pre-book your standing room you can do so by contacting
    Ticketmaster on 1300 136 122 for only $5.50.

Parking is available off Park Crescent and is $7.00 - However all Ford cars park for FREE!!!!!!
    --end paste--

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC

Geelong Fiasco

Ticketmaster7 is acting up at present and showing no tickets in doubles or more at all!

Plus single student tickets are $40 with a Swans Vic membership!

It is a bloody stitch up!!
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Geelong Fiasco

Originally posted by Rob-bloods
    Ticketmaster7 is acting up at present and showing no tickets in doubles or more at all!

Plus single student tickets are $40 with a Swans Vic membership!

It is a bloody stitch up!!
    I called them and they were going to slug me with a $7 "service fee".

Will try and get to the Capitol Theatre this week to buy one. Peter tells me that there are new Ticketmaster outlets springing up all over town. Heaps easier than online bookings or through a call centre.

Would just rocking up when the gates open on Sunday be somewhat foolhardy?

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Re: Re: Geelong Fiasco

Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
    I called them and they were going to slug me with a $7 "service fee".

Will try and get to the Capitol Theatre this week to buy one. Peter tells me that there are new Ticketmaster outlets springing up all over town. Heaps easier than online bookings or through a call centre.

Would just rocking up when the gates open on Sunday be somewhat foolhardy?

JF
    Hasn't Denise organised your ticket thought the Melb office?

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Re: Re: Re: Geelong Fiasco

Originally posted by Cher
    Hasn't Denise organised your ticket thought the Melb office?
    For the CS area but I still need to buy a GA ticket into the ground from what I hear.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

I got my ticket in the mail today and it didn't have a barcode, so I would suggest JF, that you get a GA ticket into the ground just in case. I will follow this up with the club during the week.
    Once was, now elsewhere

On the Rookie List

Geelong

Skilled Stadium hasn't changed much from the early 1900's so therefore they have no barcode facilities for scanning tickets. Therefore many of the tickets for Sunday's game won't have a barcode on them.

Also, you are braver than Kirky if you go down there without a ticket expecting to get one at the ground.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by robbieando
    I got my ticket in the mail today and it didn't have a barcode, so I would suggest JF, that you get a GA ticket into the ground just in case. I will follow this up with the club during the week.
    I just called the Swans office and that ticket you get is your reserved seat as where to sit and your actual melbourne membership gets you into the actual ground.

I assume JF has to buy a GA ticket to get into the ground as he is not a Melbourne member.

But robbie just use your melbourne membership to get into the ground, then use your ticket for your reserved seat inside the ground. Confirmed by Lucinda at the office today.
    No.1 ticket holder of Nick Davis Fan Club...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast