Thread: Did anyone notice John Barnes trying to distract Halls shot at goal?

Did anyone notice John Barnes trying to distract Halls shot at goal?

I noticed this in the feedback section of the HUN:

Comment: Even though I am acommitted Lions follower, I'll watch almost any AFL game, especially as we here in Qld.only get what channel GREEDY {9} and channel DOPEY {10} will give us when they run out of 1938 movies. Last nights game between Sydney v Essendon was about as bad as a game could be. It was not only the super-rotten umpiring , but the fact that the umpires let that CLOWN Barnes , supposedly a runner, spend more time on the field than most of the players. At one stage he stood almost alongside Barry Hall verballing him as he lined up for a goal, which he did achieve. Barnes and his other co-hort actually stood around talking most of the time and at no time did those so-called umpires go anywhere them or warn them off. Totally unprofessional . Does any of the big-wigs of the AFL watch these games? Since this current CEO took over the whole operation has been run like a badly organised amateur game. As for the "tribunal" those kind of operations used to be called KANGAROO COURTS. 0ne thing ,these idiots can't sue me because I'm a 74 year old pensioner who doesn't have anything. John {jamtin} Martin.

Good on you mate!
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

On the Rookie List
    I noticed that.If someone smashed him I think the tribunal would let him off as he is such a pain.They could use the Swans defence of Barry at his latest tribunal hearing"If Barnes wasn't on the field no case to answer"

The AFL needs to do something about Barnes - he talks to the opposition, he fills space, etc.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Senior Player
    Yup,
    Was noted by the commentry team at the time and the incident was replayed on the live coverage.

Given Barnes history (been fined and suspended for not dissimilar discretions I believe) I can't believe the umps are not awake to this..... or maybe I can believe it

My cousin who is a Carlton supporter and was at the game with me on Sat night commented on Barnes as well.

I get the sneaking suspicion we will see him running across the track at Flemington on the first Tuesday in Nov, pulling down nets at Australia's next World Cup soccer qualifier, crashing some poor bloke's funeral...

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    The AFL needs to do something about Barnes - he talks to the opposition, he fills space, etc.
    He annoys me no end and the fact that he fills up space restricting any leads really pisses me off.

I really think one day Hall should just lead anyway and if he is in the way just hip and shoulder the @@@@@. He shouldnt have been there in the first place.

Plus i would love to see someone smash Barnes, he is on my **** list of ex and current players i dislike.

Those cheats will do anything to get an advantage.

It's about time the umpires woke up to it.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Any good snipers amongst you lot?????

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    My cousin who is a Carlton supporter and was at the game with me on Sat night commented on Barnes as well.

I get the sneaking suspicion we will see him running across the track at Flemington on the first Tuesday in Nov, pulling down nets at Australia's next World Cup soccer qualifier, crashing some poor bloke's funeral...
    No, we've already had Peter Hoare at a Swans match at Telstra Stadium. He ran around towards us in the Cheer Squad against Carlton in 2002. I'm sure he was going to jump the fence at one stage.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    I noticed at the game against the Dons at the G just how often one particular Dons runner encroached on plays. It was not Barnes on that occasion, I do not think he ran that day. This was A sheedy speciality of old, filling space with a runner. At the G this particular Runner stayed out for inordinate amounts of time. He was standing around directing play!

I thought there was a rule change a while ago to stop coaching on the field as opposed to running messages?
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

On the Rookie List
    I don't know if he does this a lot but I saw Seymour spending a while on the paddock on sat night this year @ scg - pointing here and there ...
    Ducks one week, Swans the next... just don't be a Goose till October!

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by mja
    I don't know if he does this a lot but I saw Seymour spending a while on the paddock on sat night this year @ scg - pointing here and there ...
    At least Snapper spends time instructing Swans and not opposition players!

Loved Snapper's interview with Roosy BTW. Did a great job and has a career in the media beckoning.